The Fishing Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Could someone let a technological idiot like myself in on how you post videos from your phone?

Copy the video's URL link. In the reply option where all the formatting options are (bold, italics, etc) there should be a film symbol. Click that, paste your link, and you are good to go

This is the only kind of fishing I've done since grade school:

6963C8tLlbijkzc6Z0Yv6liWNB0mSwnSMQnFKSu_U8-4h3NlNBIT0d8_kOGdjcNGHgpZ_KeUjDDVgGEZ7NhZbmqX5j6Y5tMZ43TcEpcJ6MAestHyOvZAcyMr3eMWLBXGwYg8UA5WClsQkAnPJauYX-IRaRoGxRfyJhgwW2BEbsNGNN2RMDyQANtsyfBHQqY9m043cbP6_v0kygPpeVsMn54OimKw9d8qgvMMJuSAFb9Z2HhcmV4u2v8vza_iM_Ff77U7KIpD19SJERKds61xoUGaG2pmTuFvypkjsvR6TnxmBW5En1BmBvzwmehqAjlNwm0X_H3uUidtRM6eN2Jl2liFau_tMeJikllvnl-7lQNM5AdHNEMnVGaFUyULdk7hNkmoMUnOVjcY1LB89YEpI7BWuioirWZ3L-ZJgaGzmIyNxN2IFb9Ypo5VfDiqiZXbnOHBvMT1s8rrVJc4-R27rQLM3Ncl_bUz7K2LKA-8dTcCTgzSa9F4GnTaYglktWw7Zd4JNrvs7BeqP88r9DsaQJzzmM5BAQskO8ah2x5EcK3lBNmlDVkQLvtSe8OBlcP18X5Auw=w1561-h883-no

vbW_S8wW5QqYC6RPVm848c0y8EC-xYJGP4D7h8N051T7BbPWtlcDzbBg5kT86M4qnr9stOuwi8LUmmGbEymY39rXs-Z_v4YN45kMPKDBHQWfJ7w3a7k9TSHllhL3Xp5cCF6ljYjIoi1kscZmzOikxWpxbGSm50hvDFz4gLTHcVdiJVaYIYTeIdoamMhASm62D0n6MeGA-T124NQ-gz8hh1xHIt3YiMvY1QYKV-yPXLkH6B1AANRtpro1uCNT-xg1iuA7aXRejpgIotgsl_zEd3G8aUrWkTjw28EqyiG8_BMuemV3zSZzDNdgrjQ8pTiZgLIeKyI2xFTGdi-HFvTelKayVAQQRA39IpnTowG_3IM-j180T2shGOQ5QJ9_0ZyXItAQajyWrp9rUwTcdqFMExDU2vEFfVCW4KahjDwQPd0J4HgY6ujgUqncjjLqWZeWHFW7PaaY1djbbakmnxGuRoph3Rh1_cDlSIkA_buSDQXXA4VWfTr37TAnOaSCABs51Cz1jGvXiQMuj2MhYSPMyNhis5kbxMZrO0ZHsw1-S77jtYqghCiHTZzUYaRApeXsWmkelg=w1561-h883-no

Thought I would start a thread for those that fish to post up pics and talk about fishing. Fishing is probably the one thing that I have consistently done for years and never burnt myself out on. Freshwater, saltwater, rivers or ponds it doesn't matter I would call it my one true passion. So let's see some pics, old or new it doesn't matter. Here's one from a couple of weeks ago from a river in Virginia I've been wade fishing a lot lately. 18" Brown Trout

View attachment 1226076

What river in VA? I've been fly fishing on the Rockfish river and the Tye in Nelson county and haven't caught anything over 14". I did guides in Banner Elk and Boone during college and getting ready to go back this weekend for delayed harvest.

image.jpeg
What river in VA? I've been fly fishing on the Rockfish river and the Tye in Nelson county and haven't caught anything over 14". I did guides in Banner Elk and Boone during college and getting ready to go back this weekend for delayed harvest.

That's cool stuff, I've been around Boone a couple of times in the south fork of the new. I remember we did really good up there, I also remember closing a new rod up in the tailgate of my Tacoma that day. The first time and last time I used it was that day. The brown in the picture was caught in the Smith River. Here's another decent brown from the same place.

I'm all about some fishing. Catching on the other hand, I ain't too good at. I've always wondered what lake/stream fish do you keep and which ones do you eat?

Before Freeman park raised its fees and required reserved camping spots, me and some friends camped over the weekend on the beach. After attempting to catch something during the heat of the day with no luck, we decided to try out night fishing. One of the guys who was new to fishing got impatient and left his pole in the sand stake by the water. We were all sitting around the fire when we noticed the pole and sand stake had fallen over. He quickly reeled in the line and found a 16 inch fish on the end. Since we weren't watching the lines we don't know how long the fish was on there. I couldn't really identify the fish because A) I was too drunk and 2) it was gutted and on the fire within 31 seconds of having the hook removed. The fish tasted awesome and all of us were inspired to fish more but never caught anything else.

Last edited:
Almost done with the Sea Ox. New floor is in, fresh bottom paint. Just cleaning up the console and a few odds and ends and she'll be ready to go.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Also released 1000 of these little guys today at work in the ponds around the golf course. Bluegill and shellcracker

image.jpeg

Got to spend the day Saturday trolling for walleye with a good friend of mine on Philpott reservoir in Va. Got totally skunked, I mean nothing. Still good to get out.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

FYI...SC used to issue annual fishing licenses based on a fixed 12 month cycle (maybe July to July?). I'm not sure when it changed, but it's now 12 months from date of purchase. Finally! I figure I'll fish SC a lot more now; the old way is why I stopped going there in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom