The Coleman Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My first Quicklite!
From 1927.
these are cool!

11352BA9-1DA2-41FB-8B1B-A93CED55AF83.jpeg

Nice mica globe!

IMG-0578.jpg
Scored this 220D this weekend, build date says 1949! It's super clean, and with a little work on the pump, fired right up. I need to find a case for it, it doesn't fit in my yellow one. I think the only case it will work in is the old metal ones. I think they were metal? They look like this.
408cfeca1e7f31485880266e3e1dfca4.jpg

View attachment 2220605Scored this 220D this weekend, build date says 1949! It's super clean, and with a little work on the pump, fired right up. I need to find a case for it, it doesn't fit in my yellow one. I think the only case it will work in is the old metal ones. I think they were metal? They look like this.
View attachment 2220607
They will also fit the newer 2 piece plastic cases, you just have to persuade a bit more height out of the “belly button” at the top. I used a heat gun to get it warm, and stretch the plastic just about a half an inch or so.

not quite as cool as a metal case, but inexpensive and effective.

That's the one! Let me know if you ever come across another one.
They will also fit the newer 2 piece plastic cases, you just have to persuade a bit more height out of the “belly button” at the top. I used a heat gun to get it warm, and stretch the plastic just about a half an inch or so.

not quite as cool as a metal case, but inexpensive and effective.
Not a bad idea at all, at least to keep it safe in the meantime. Don't want to break that original Coleman sunshine globe, and we use ours a ton when we go camping. At first it was kind of for the novelty, but now I really enjoy the light these put off, and they have been super reliable.

@BHillteq sent me this cool page here, thought I would share my 2 old Coleman finds in my 62. The cooler I got from my uncles barn and the stove I bought and polished up from a guy on Craigslist! The cooler stores all my wrenches and tools in it at the moment ;) and the stove works great too! Next is to get a nice lantern...
3B3017E6-140E-4979-A2FD-050ECE49B7CF.jpeg

Not a Coleman but didn't know where to show this gas stove. Out of the many years I've been camping , I've never seen one of these.
IMG_2512.JPG
IMG_2516.JPG
IMG_2515.JPG

Not a Coleman but didn't know where to show this gas stove. Out of the many years I've been camping , I've never seen one of these.

Well here ya go!

49632672001_9ef054c2b9_c.jpg

49632672076_0c4e1ff3a1_c.jpg

My uncle backpacked around Europe with this one in the early 70s. I've never fired it... it just looks like it wants to explode :hillbilly:

Well hot dang! Learn something new every day!

Well here ya go!

49632672001_9ef054c2b9_c.jpg

49632672076_0c4e1ff3a1_c.jpg

My uncle backpacked around Europe with this one in the early 70s. I've never fired it... it just looks like it wants to explode :hillbilly:
A local fellow in the 510 club has one od these that did go pop, he likes it so much he rebuilt and re-plated it, looks like new now...I wish I had a picture to contribute.

well I just can't leave stuff alone! toyed with repainting it, but 'm digging the patina. THis thing works remarkably well! Not as pretty as the one above, but nice.
IMG_2519.JPG

After hunting local classifieds, and even looking through fleabay, I FINALLY found a green metal case from the 60's that would fit the 220D. I ended up getting it on Etsy for dirt cheap. It's seriously in perfect shape, and even came in the original box. 220D fits like a glove! And even has the original funnel!

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

Great find. Mine's missing the bail for the case, looks like it'd be simple to make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom