The Coleman Thread (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not in my opinion. In any event they come out in 60 seconds with no permanent mods to the lantern. And they just scream 1970's if that's what your after.

Now that you've got me looking at something called Offer Up - is this legit?

220E $28 Shipped

The glass is not correct but it still is USA Pyrex. That's a good deal for $28 to your door. Don't know the first thing about Offer Up tho. She'll lose her a$$ on shipping.

Now that you've got me looking at something called Offer Up - is this legit?

220E $28 Shipped

The glass is not correct but it still is USA Pyrex. That's a good deal for $28 to your door. Don't know the first thing about Offer Up tho. She'll lose her a$$ on shipping.

Yeah OfferUp is legit. Kinda like craigslist but more hip. I bought my 426 through it a few months ago.

Nope. Don't think Coleman ever sold them as an accessory either. The come on about every 5th lantern I come across. They work great.

I didn’t think they ever made them either but I saw these for sale on another forum just a few days ago.

96A2D8AE-55D4-4338-AFFA-110A7CECB74C.jpeg

Nice. Learn something new here every day.

Man tell me about it! If you thought I’m dumb now you should have seen me before I joined Mud 13 years ago LOL

I haven’t tried the shipping part of OfferUp yet...I like searching local so far...but there’s a few trays,I mean, ahem, items, I’d be willing try the shipping thing for...

I wish I would have known. It’s on eBay now but the auction is still active. I think it’s got a little over a day left.

Please don’t take that as I’m trying to drum up eBay business.

I only see 1 on ebay... and I can't afford it!!! I'm tellin ya's these are the new landcruisers...

Wish I'd found this thread a little earlier. I stumbled on 4 or 5 little Exponent lanterns I think model 229 in the Cabela's bargain cave. New old stock 2011 manufacture date I think. Paid like $42 each. Every one went for over $100 on eBay.

Point is I'd rather see some of this stuff go to Mud bro's rather than deal with the hassle, fees, PITA etc on the big auction site.

Anyone know anything about these little trailers? can axles be flipped to make into a cheapo off road trailer?

Buy 10 packs of Peerless from Old Coleman Parts, couple cap gaskets, maybe a pump leather and you're good to go.
YUP. Some neosporin works on the pump leather in a pinch...

I can go anywhere from one day to two or three years on a set of mantles. So, have some spares. I'm still working on a pile of mantles I bought in Mexico years ago.

:lol:

recommendations on where to get new flints? Coleman outlet doesn't have them, didn't see them at Wal Mart, King Soopers...any place I can just walk in and pick some up?

Go to a cigar and pipe tobacco store

Anyone know anything about these little trailers? can axles be flipped to make into a cheapo off road trailer?

That’s a high top RTT.... on wheels! With a welder, anything is possible... but that thermoplastic might not like it’s new job... shocks...

You guys with military lanterns gotta get this cool big reflector...

What is this crazy thing?

According to Terry Marsh site model 521 heating stove for the military. I'm going to go on a limb and say very rare. If that's local I'd be all over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom