The Coleman Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMO, two piece caps have more street cred.

One piece caps were part of the push towards lower production costs and improved safety, neither of which add to the character of these old lanterns :grinpimp:

I would also ask for the globe to be removed & packed in its own box inside. Or at least stabilized with cardboard strips & bubbles within the lantern.

If it is bouncing around glad-on-metal, it will likely break during shipping.

These are the only mantles you want to use - Peerless.

Old Coleman Parts Peerless Mantles

And just about anything else you will need to restore or keep these old things running.

These are slightly radioactive, aka “dangerous”, so very high on the street cred meter. They also hold up better bouncing around in a truck on weeks-long camping trips than current issue Coleman mantles.

Hard to tell from the pictures but those 200A’s look like they have have new style mantles so no big deal at all if they crumble during shipping. When I pick up an old lantern that still has a course weave silk lite I try to save them if I can. They burn much whiter and haven’t been made since the early 90’s I believe. Actually contain thorium a radioactive substance. I have a small stash of silk lites that I only put on really good lanterns since they have been unobtanium for years.

rGJs2CZ.jpg

uxVsqep.jpg

Extra pics. Looks like a good buy to me.

Must of been some good mojo after all the the 242C praises from @FJ60Cam and myself. Scored another one yesterday that’s in pretty good shape. Build date is ‘46 with the original globe. Already torn down but here’s a before pic, with a nice coating of barn dust.

7B8265D4-C746-45C0-824E-8D0703F89DB7.jpeg

93FDF554-1291-487E-B386-432957566DC9.jpeg

Nice! I think I like the green ones more than the nickel. It's a shame about the vents on these. Seems like they rust like it's their job. Pump held in with screws, brass font, cast mixing chamber - these were the best ever made.

Nice! I think I like the green ones more than the nickel. It's a shame about the vents on these. Seems like they rust like it's their job. Pump held in with screws, brass font, cast mixing chamber - these were the best ever made.

I kinda like the nickel founts a little better but as far as quality I couldn’t agree more. What blows me away is how beefy the steel burner frame bottom is and the thickness of the steel collar.

Free, yup, free!

You pay shipping.

Came across these in my travels, cost me nothing.

Don’t be a scumbag and resell, at least get the lantern working...

Coleman Quicklite lantern and table light.

C02C893B-4222-495B-9A16-8E252E2E5971.jpeg

BB133B1A-8DF9-4F86-8AA6-F1BFC59BA693.jpeg

CCA77A69-553A-4164-AAA1-B7DC8D31E037.jpeg

That Quicklite has thick nickel and will clean up nicely. Can utilize a 220 globe or better yet score a reproduction mica globe.

242 shown but Quicklite with a cool sliding door for lighting are available. Someone should take that guy up on the generous offer and give them a good home.

Worth noting that has the upgraded genny with the integral tip cleaner. Original gennys were a loop with no way to clean them.

I feel like the biggest dumbass of all time. When I read @Crusha post I took it as he was describing his score from his travels. That’s why I replied “Geez what a score”. I had no idea he was actually offering them up here for free. That’s an awesome gesture!! Oh and put me in line if @FJ60Cam passes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom