The Coleman Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It continues...found a brass font 242c, and polished it up after stripping the paint. 10-46.
Same guy gave me this PreWay 2 burner...
It’s a bond fire to start, but mighty blue when running!

4F713C2A-2CFF-4EB0-B004-8D0821B43506.jpeg

62594BF0-0753-40AE-9A59-6C5D86BED7EF.jpeg

The picnic stove is cool but unfortunately the fuel canisters are NLA. Seems that someone on the Coleman forum came up with a solution either a way to refill cans or an adapter I don't remember which.

Old Silk Lites are a bonus. So much better than today's mantles.

Yep they come up once in a while. If nothing else get an empty one for display or to try and develop your own workaround.

Here is the 425B I purchased. I do not see a date on the bottom and there is an extra gas tube. Not sure what I am going to do with it. The last two I bought I had my son clean up and get working and then we sold them. I now have 3 Coleman stoves at the house.
IMG_3520.JPG

Date is on bottom of tank tabs...

Date is on bottom of tank tabs...

Not before about 62 or 63. With that copper tank it's earlier and this no date. I'd say 57-59 though

G'Day Fella's,

I'm not long back from "A coupla days away bush........." and was hoping the font of knowledge here, could help me.
Using my Colman stove (unleaded petrol), I regularly get some yellow flames on one side of the burner.
This occurs when the stove is on maximum, the weather/temperature is warm but the fuel (20 liter drum of it), is several years old?
The primary concern is all the black crap, that ends up coating the bottom of all my pots and pans.
Here's some images and looking forward to your advice;

Regards
Homer

DSCN2441.JPG

DSCN2442.JPG

I have that same stove as my go to. I also have been using unleaded in it for years. At one point it burned just like yours, I sucked it up and ran a tank of Coleman fuel through it and it cleared up.

...you might try some fuel injector cleaner mixed in with the unleaded for while. I’ve read that it helps clean the generator a bit.
Camp on!

might also just disassemble the burner stack and clean the cobwebs out of the jets

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom