The Coleman Thread (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

love my 123. pics to follow...

full

Svea 123. Still heating here as it was in the camper at like 10 degrees. Plus I should have a wind break. Heavy by today's standards and gasoline only but bullet proof and cool as hell.

IMG_20171228_170135464.jpg

Can you use unleaded gas in these vintage Coleman lantern? I just got 6 of them.

I use ethanol free pump gas in mine. Some guys say it will plug the generators prematurely, but other guys have run gallons and gallons with no issue. My opinion is go for it.

The price difference between a gallon of Coleman fuel and gallon of pimp gas means you're ahead of the game if your generator makes it 2 gallons (assuming $15 generator cost.)

Best to use white gas and reserve the Unleaded for occasional use. But if you just want to fire them up and see if they work, unleaded is fine. If you're burning them every night, I'd use Coleman fuel. I would not recommend leaving Unleaded gas in the font long term, because it gets gummy and nasty. In contrast, it's common to buy a lantern with 1960s Coleman fuel still in it and have it fire right up.

But @ontopofm it is mandatory you post pictures of your new lanterns, and lit/burning if possible.

Is there a 502 stove in it?

It's the aluminum pot set that was an option with 502s.

No there wasn't anything inside. I saw two little 3 burner stoves but neither said Coleman on them. One of them was Black. Now that I am doing some googling I think the black one may have been a Coleman.

Found this one yesterday, $15.00 with a stand and funnel inside.
Missing handle.
Oiled the leather, and blew out rust in the tank, and if fired right up!
I might try to convert this B model to a C model with some wind wings from a 413...sigh...my name is Tim, and I have a Coleman problem.
(The girls are using a Cat. Heater in their treehouse this morning, courtesy of their afflicted father.).

22C82927-708F-49AE-9F6D-AE7AB0F8BD05.jpeg

I got my 426D with stand, side tables and funnel for $35. that is a good score!

HA! I didn't even know about them myself till I scored the 426. total bonus win. they are friggin useful, too..

I got my 426D with stand, side tables and funnel for $35. that is a good score!

I've seen the stands & hope to someday run across one, but what are the side tables? Any pictures of the tables?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom