The 4x6 expo trailer build. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've found it really, really handy to have garden hose threads on the outlet of the drain for our camper's fresh water tank. Then I can use the sink's drain hose to direct the water away from where I need to stand to do other work.

I've found it really, really handy to have garden hose threads on the outlet of the drain for our camper's fresh water tank. Then I can use the sink's drain hose to direct the water away from where I need to stand to do other work.
Thanks, I have thought of this idea a bit and know I want a hose to drain some distance away from the trailer in camp. I also have gotten into the rv practice draining while driving home. I haven’t figured out the details of either for my situation or plumbing.

Saw a guy draining while driving out of Johnson Valley on Bessemer Mine Rd. Black water, no solids but not an accident. Called the BLM on him. Mentioned this on a forum and several got upset because it was too much to haul home, cost too much fuel. They hauled it out there, but its too much to haul home or at least to a dump station? WTF?

We drain the sink into a foldable bucket, that I then drain somewhere appropriate for the area that we're in. A friend drains into one of those cheep folder water jugs, but I've had a few of those crack & fail on me.

Saw a guy draining while driving out of Johnson Valley on Bessemer Mine Rd. Black water, no solids but not an accident. Called the BLM on him. Mentioned this on a forum and several got upset because it was too much to haul home, cost too much fuel. They hauled it out there, but its too much to haul home or at least to a dump station? WTF?

We drain the sink into a foldable bucket, that I then drain somewhere appropriate for the area that we're in. A friend drains into one of those cheep folder water jugs, but I've had a few of those crack & fail on me.
Eeeewwwwww! FYI this trailer is all “fresh”..... My back packing ethic makes me a pack it in pack it out guy.

I was grossed out and appalled at the same time.

Got the lift bolted back on and primed the water tank rack. I also got some help putting the rrt up on the lift. We raised it up and got a cable jam due letting it spin up a ton of slack. I added some fender washer on the top pulley to keep a loose cable from jumping in the gaps.

Finally, I wired a 3’ 7 way extension to run the lights. This goes with the 30” tounge extension.

FWIW I bought one of these to try out when flat towing the 4rnnr, extends to a max of 8 feet long:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016KABGQ/
71i65xT5q0L._SL1500_.jpg

FWIW I bought one of these to try out when flat towing the 4rnnr, extends to a max of 8 feet long:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016KABGQ/
71i65xT5q0L._SL1500_.jpg
Thanks, however I’m 7 pin on both ends and I had to make my own 7 pin extension using a pig tail and a socket.

It’s done and dusted. I’m on to plumbing and powering the water tank. Then brake pads on the land cruiser before a hectic week and packing for a 3 week, 5000k trip.

I believe they're made 7 X 7, but I am more interested in the self-coiling aspect. With the Falcon tow-bar the length of the assembly gets pretty long and I'm having to zip-tie the electrical cord to the tow-bar every time that I use it, and then cut it loose every time I disconnect. Haven't had much need, but when I do start to use the TrailBlazer more often I'll convert it to a replaceable electrical cord as well.

Why no photos, you ask? Apologies, I’m down to no, nada, zero time and I end up working in the dark which is not the best for photos. We leave Friday after work for a 3 week trip out in the west.

The 15 gallon water tank got plumbed, wired and sanitizing is happening.

Don’t ya know the rear brake pads on the land cruiser needed to be replaced and I got that done in the dark being bitten by the bugs.

This wiring diagram got me closer than most of the web diagrams. I thought I would share for those making their own 7 pin extension.
259A9228-75F5-4CD8-9E50-75449A060EFC.jpeg

Here a shot of the water tank and pump in the frame that mounts it to the inside of the trailer.
34018C03-06DA-41B2-BE58-CA6C0EE53E89.jpeg

Here’s the test run tonight with the tounge extension, water tank mounted, rtt mounted on the lift and the lighting extension cord working.

281303DC-5CC7-4F4A-9A95-54BD09307F05.jpeg

Let’s see.......I’m loading it tonight. The prime spots for accessing cargo when the tent is lowered is all around the perimeter and the tailgate.
0310B2B5-FDA2-42D7-BF15-B63FCB8ADCC5.jpeg

Here’s the cargo drawer.....in the Hundy.
207A2599-E2A8-48A2-92C4-1D4C85FE4CAE.jpeg

This is what’s going on the real madden voyage. Almost all the items I had planned are built and functioning. There are some major to be finished items like “paint” and finish. However this is a big moment.
63B93425-6930-4618-888E-2E8385B2762E.jpeg
CBA20BB2-0BD3-462D-82A7-1EDED87DA192.jpeg
50E0A455-8317-4E16-A6F6-67D4C123BE8E.jpeg
BC088C3D-EB3D-4BF6-8278-8F5509720108.jpeg

Driving and more driving...... I like the tire preasure at 14lbs on these E rated tires. It keeps the bouncing under control.

Stopped here:
4F52B7F0-B3F3-4B43-BA9F-4C40AD0ED8F3.jpeg

24686D6D-E4EA-4301-BCAB-0CF2D3190BA0.jpeg

B8B79B98-C2D5-4D52-B5A0-F126A87278E9.jpeg

We have camped for 11 days and the trailer did it’s job well. As expected the lift was a bit cranky :). It worked every time just not like I want it to. (more on that later). Here is the camping setup in a number of campgrounds. It was great to leave it all setup and drive around all day.
44C2D240-6082-43B7-93D0-7607A7A20C4A.jpeg
1472961D-0735-4BFE-8CB5-6B598C7487A2.jpeg
13B0FA8B-2D90-4731-AE36-FD9E46A1A606.jpeg

Can you post pictures or diagram or something to show how the cables were routed for the RTT lift?
A picture is worth a thousand words....
I ran the wire inside the 2x2 with slots at the top where the wire exits. Each lift column is pushed up from the bottom with the wire going thru a base pulley. Each side winds around a single winch connected by a cross bar that allows you to crank one side while the other turns in synch.

I have detail shots of all the elements and have drawn in red the way I chose to run the cables. The whole lift bolts in and comes off when I want it to.

The photo:
19EF1CD1-2A24-4275-B725-B833249B8F76.jpeg

The wire is mostly inside the 2x2 post....

Last edited:
Here a shot of the water tank and pump in the frame that mounts it to the inside of the trailer.
Like the way you installed the tank. Did it come with all the fittings and where did you source it? Want to do some thing similar in my Cdn M101.

Like the way you installed the tank. Did it come with all the fittings and where did you source it? Want to do some thing similar in my Cdn M101.
eTrailer was the source (lots of sizes) and the fill locations have to be drilled and the caps cemented in. They have kits with the caps and cement which makes it easy.

3 weeks and 5050 miles are a pretty good test for a hand built trailer. :)

I’m home now and I will play some fall golf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom