Builds Tex's 200 build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure if this angle shows you anything but it's what I snapped today while out running around. I can take others if you give me some direction on what it is you want to see.

nUGeoG4.jpg

EIO9Kbf.jpg
Appreciate it. Looks great! Do they look much skinner than stock standing back a bit further?

Appreciate it. Looks great! Do they look much skinner than stock standing back a bit further?

To my eye, no they do not, but most would have a hard time seeing 0.40" of difference from more than a foot away. I have Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers en route so we will see how they look once the stance is widened. If I am not a fan of the look once they are installed I will commit to wider aftermarket wheels with a proper offset next, but I do like the stock wheels and I'd prefer to run them for a few years before mixing things up.

To my eye, no they do not, but most would have a hard time seeing 0.40" of difference from more than a foot away. I have Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers en route so we will see how they look once the stance is widened. If I am not a fan of the look once they are installed I will commit to wider aftermarket wheels with a proper offset next, but I do like the stock wheels and I'd prefer to run them for a few years before mixing things up.

Hard to take a photo close up because the focal length of your phone distorts the photo. Here's a photo of my rig, straight on, telephoto lens so no distortion. Different tire but same size as Tex's truck - they don't look like pizza cutters at all:

The type of tire will definitely make a difference. I have 285/70/17 km3s for wheeling and normal then 275/70/18 goodyear wrangler AT for winter and the GY look skinny. To my eyes it looks like I'm on donuts.

Hard to take a photo close up because the focal length of your phone distorts the photo. Here's a photo of my rig, straight on, telephoto lens so no distortion. Different tire but same size as Tex's truck - they don't look like pizza cutters at all:

Thanks for posting this, agreed it's very hard to produce a proper image with the phone.

The type of tire will definitely make a difference. I have 285/70/17 km3s for wheeling and normal then 275/70/18 goodyear wrangler AT for winter and the GY look skinny. To my eyes it looks like I'm on donuts.

The BFG KO2 will definitely look beefier than the GY Wrangler lol. To my eye they aren't skinny, it's still an 11" wide tire and it will look even beefier on a 8.5-9" wide wheel.

Thanks for posting this, agreed it's very hard to produce a proper image with the phone.

The BFG KO2 will definitely look beefier than the GY Wrangler lol. To my eye they aren't skinny, it's still an 11" wide tire and it will look even beefier on a 8.5-9" wide wheel.
Agree that your KO2s look perfectly fine. I was just adding the point to 04uzj that if he wants 275/70 and worried about looking skinny the tire will make the difference. Every other post I've seen of 275/70 look good. But those are KO2s, Ridge Grappler and the like. Figured all 275 would look close to that. Boy was I wrong haha

Not a bad duo.

Prujqyx.jpg

I have a pair of baja design fogs sitting on my work bench - been trying to figure out how to put them in my ironman bumper. What did you end up doing?

I'll send you a PM.

Rear Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers are on, the stance is so much better looking IMHO. I am still waiting on the second set to arrive for the fronts, not sure why the shipment go split up but when it comes to USPS I am never surprised lol. I removed the small front/front mud flaps in anticipation of the tire rubbing on them once the wheel spacers are installed, I guess I'll have to wait and see if there's contact anywhere else once they go on.

He5JbIP.jpg

DfIN6jw.jpg

Before

FXHIocL.jpg

After

UzzLNHN.jpg

Rear Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers are on, the stance is so much better looking IMHO. I am still waiting on the second set to arrive for the fronts, not sure why the shipment go split up but when it comes to USPS I am never surprised lol. I removed the small front/front mud flaps in anticipation of the tire rubbing on them once the wheel spacers are installed, I guess I'll have to wait and see if there's contact anywhere else once they go on.

He5JbIP.jpg

DfIN6jw.jpg

Before

FXHIocL.jpg

After

UzzLNHN.jpg

Looks great! You're making me think that maybe I'll have to put mine on sooner rather than later 😁

Wait and see what I find once the fronts go on.

Did you slap on some anti-seize before you put them on? Also, I made the mistake of using more than one drop of the supplied thread locker the first time...

I made a small line with the thread locker, I used the same amount on the ones I installed on our 4Runner a few years back and it wasn't an issue to break them loose.

I live in corrosion country, so I coat the entire rotor/spacer mating surface in antiseize. Also, if your lug nuts get stuck, red threadlocker releases with application of heat.

Yep, heat has always worked with thread locker and a sharp strike will usually release Rocksett.

Wait and see what I find once the fronts go on.

Couldn't wait :rofl:

Had to take the wheels off to retorque some suspension hardware earlier than I thought I would, so I went ahead and added the spacers. Definitely looks good, but I find it's hard to get a good picture that shows the difference well.

Couldn't wait :rofl:

Had to take the wheels off to retorque some suspension hardware earlier than I thought I would, so I went ahead and added the spacers. Definitely looks good, but I find it's hard to get a good picture that shows the difference well.

Any issues with rubbing up front? Stock suspension and same size tires?

Any issues with rubbing up front? Stock suspension and same size tires?

Not stock - just installed 2" Bilstein lift and TC UCA. I have been running with LT285/65R18 tires since I bought it. BEFORE the lift, however, I had started to notice rubbing on the stock UCA that I hadn't noticed before, so I think something had knocked the alignment out of whack enough to make it rub. That was also part of the reason that I picked up the spacers - to make sure I wouldn't rub on the UCA anymore.

Wife has some errands to run tonight - I'll check for rubbing on the liner / mudflaps after she gets back. I don't expect to see rubbing with the 2" lift, though.

Wife confirmed the tires rub at full lock in reverse while she was driving it tonight. I'll have to take a look tomorrow to see what I'll need to do to get rid of the rubbing. Hopefully just heat gun and shaping. I'd like to keep the mud flaps if I can (to block rocks that the tires like to throw).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom