Teseven burnt down (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Let me tell you, those tubs are the best I’ve seen, they look like they came from the assembly line with a few extra goodies. I was fortunate to visit Teseven, Fabien even made one of brass for himself. Master craftsman.

Let us know if you hear anything.
Sucks, I have seen their stainless tub and the new standard tub but did not get to see that one up close . Both were by far miles above any of the cobbled together South American garbage that gets foisted on the land cruiser crowd as a good tub.
I hope they are able to recover from this and continue their work.

They had a year backlog...I ordered last summer. I feel terrible for them, they had great service and was looking forward to the tub. As for me, I’m worried because I put half the money down payment. This will likely set them waaaay back, even with insurance coverage. I hope they are and back on their feet soon. I will let you know when I hear anything from them.

Is that a FJ45LV in the bulding?
92948155_2545972065661926_5511209464797069312_n.jpg

More aftermath pictures here:

It does look like an LV back there :( I hope they were well insured, but as many of us know insurance / money can't replace irreplaceable pieces. Whether you liked their work or not they were certainly cruiser fans just like the rest of us, maybe with different tastes. I guess I hope it was an accident, hate to believe the worst in humanity! I hope any customers of theirs whose projects were affected will still be taken care of somehow, but there are a lot of broken cruiser hearts out there right now...

The French pages are explaining that the shop has 3 different vendors and at some point one of the other vendors had a fire that spread to the entire business building. It will be an insurance cluster that is universal unless there is something extraordinary about the French insurance and legal system that I am not aware of.

Brutal. I put down a deposit in July 2018 for an early FJ40 full tub that was a "custom" build at the time since they weren't making pre '74 tubs at the time. Been waiting 22 months for a tub on a frame off resto.

Anyone else that ordered... what are you doing now? Waiting to see if they reopen, asking for refund, other? I'm trying to get refunded so I can order something else and move on with my project. It's not clear when, or if, that will happen.

Brutal. I put down a deposit in July 2018 for an early FJ40 full tub that was a "custom" build at the time since they weren't making pre '74 tubs at the time. Been waiting 22 months for a tub on a frame off resto.

Anyone else that ordered... what are you doing now? Waiting to see if they reopen, asking for refund, other? I'm trying to get refunded so I can order something else and move on with my project. It's not clear when, or if, that will happen.

I'm pretty sure Fabien will re-open, that's his passion and his tubs are like no other, simply the best!! I was fortunate to visit his shop in 2014.

They told me the other day that they would get back to me with my options, after they get through insurance. I’m hoping for a refund too. I want to support them, but have to imagine my half tub won’t be a priority for them and will take forever to get completed, given thy they lost multiple full vehicles. I’m hoping they just offer a refund.

Sad to see this.

I received a full refund from them about 3 months ago. They were very responsive and gave me no problems at all. Not sure what their future is. Hopefully everyone like me did or will get taken care of.

2020 continues to be a difficult year.

Sigh....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom