Builds Tenerife to Texas: a 1997 HDJ80 Tale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good eye. It’s….not quite stock anymore.

I’m lucky to have a couple of cool rigs.

I didn’t make it to SAS, some life stuff got in the way this year. But I swear to God I’m making it to number eight.

I didn’t make it to SAS, some life stuff got in the way this year. But I swear to God I’m making it to number eight.
Galen let’s make a plan for that, I’d love to wheel the 80 in the high mountain air

Last edited:
It took all damn day and most of the night to get stuff moved it around in the car barn.

Time to get the truck in here and pull things apart.

The double cab is now 90 degrees orthogonal to its usual garage axis.

71349901664__23A0A56B-F223-484B-B7FE-2118A4B6E041.jpeg
71349768107__4BA55B58-400A-452A-BFE0-93B6C5C1FF33.jpeg

I did two days of work, just to get ready to do work. Now it’s 80 time!

IMG_1543.jpeg

Go time.

The radiator was actively dripping… I am glad I caught it just in time.

IMG_1544.jpeg

@OffRoadScott double cab 79 on an 80 frame. Build is in the 70 section.

@ikarus my goal for this truck is very nearly stock with just a leeeetle bit of extra zoom. Only removable modifications are planned at this time. The single cab gets a red wheel on its FTE with +30 injectors and the double cab will probably get a UFI21L.

I finally was able wrench a little tonight. I only broke one bolt, which instantly turned this from a one day project into a two week project. I was just going to do the radiator and get the 80 back on the road… Now I will probably do more of the things I was planning.

IMG_1817.jpeg
IMG_1822.jpeg
IMG_1823.jpeg

It’s pretty cool to see that a 26 year old truck still has the factory paint marks on something as silly as the radiator shroud.

IMG_1820.jpeg

Last edited:
This truck is a 1997. Of course I wanted the earlier Toyota grill with turbo instead of the sombrero logo. That left the well known roughly 1 inch gap between the bottom of the 94 grill and the 97 valance. I picked up the appropriate early valance from @Hamachi last year. I will probably get it on there now.

IMG_1819.jpeg

Great thread! I know it's been a while, but congrats on the HDJ80. I actually just bought one from there myself, and it should be on the way to Tennessee soon. Shane's a great guy to work with. I started out with someone else, and it produced little results with 2 trucks getting away. I switched over to Shane at Canaria, and had a truck almost immediately. He comes highly recommended from me.

Great thread! I know it's been a while, but congrats on the HDJ80. I actually just bought one from there myself, and it should be on the way to Tennessee soon. Shane's a great guy to work with. I started out with someone else, and it produced little results with 2 trucks getting away. I switched over to Shane at Canaria, and had a truck almost immediately. He comes highly recommended from me.
Thank you! Much appriciated, you are great to deal with!

I am looking forward to seeing your 80 in the US soon!

Shane / ToyotaDyna

-------

Are you looking for a Diesel, LHD Land Cruiser?
Canarian Land Cruiser Exports

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom