SOLD Temecula, CA 69’ FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Blue
Price: $14,000

1969 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Original Engine and drive train. 3 on the tree. Runs great. New Italian pebble grain leather seats. Front and back. Fresh fluids throughout. New windshield and gasket. New tires and lights as well. Original owners manual and warranty cards included. Floorboards are solid and the rust you see on the sides and back panels were replaced with fresh metal. New headliner in the box as well. Side steps were rebuilt and ready to go back on. Have single staged paint in cans to cover the new metal as well. Also, stock mirrors to replace the ones on now. Clear New Mexico title.

*If the ad is up it’s still available. If you ask I’ll assume you didn’t read any of the ad and are wasting my time.”

7DC2E29B-CCC4-4753-B254-D157CB19188E.jpeg

58040033-1C24-4F2D-924E-F6AD05EDE5B4.jpeg

E87CD9DE-7118-48F0-9E20-E7E098AD71BF.jpeg

16017A96-9AE5-4B89-9B79-446BA4C33F59.jpeg

A12CC272-84F6-4D8A-8478-ADE04B6F8641.jpeg

Last edited:
Good luck @letterman52 - I'll be watching (and may be bidding) on BaT.

Do you have a start up video by chance?
Are the side steps around..if so are they the old style or the stamped new style?
Do all the lights and gauges work?
I like your truck a lot, very nice
Am interested but have questions

I did a restoration on a Capri blue 69, this looks nearly identical in terms of what needed done

Do you have a start up video by chance?
Are the side steps around..if so are they the old style or the stamped new style?
Do all the lights and gauges work?
I like your truck a lot, very nice
Am interested but have questions

I did a restoration on a Capri blue 69, this looks nearly identical in terms of what needed done

I can take a video.

I have the side steps and they are the original ones. Rebuilt them with fresh steel. They are not the newer style.

Lights all work.

All the gauges were working except the speedometer. Discovered the speedometer cable wasn’t seated. Hooked it back up and it popped the fuse for the gauges. Haven’t dug into why yet.

Do you have any underside pictures especially the rear wheel wells where they meet the sides and where the scab plates are welded in for the jump seat mounts
And the rear mid bed behind the front seats?

basically any additional pictures of the traditional trouble spots on this era tub

also does the 4wd engage and front hubs work?
How is the clutch

rear main leak?
Any idea of compression on the cylinders?
Engine original?

Do you have any underside pictures especially the rear wheel wells where they meet the sides and where the scab plates are welded in for the jump seat mounts

basically any additional pictures of the traditional trouble spots on this era tub

How is the clutch

rear main leak?
Engine original?

The factory undercoating or one that was applied many years ago is covering most of the underside. I have chipped away at most of the problem spots I normally see and am not seeing much of any rust. Just shiny paint. No pics right now of those spots.

Clutch engages and shifts fine.

Hubs and 4wd work fine as well.

I don’t believe the rear main is leaking, but I took the skid plate off and I’m pretty sure it’s the first time it has ever been removed. Lots of crud. Nothing dripping though and oil level is always the same.

Ad says it is all original. No idea on compression, but the guy I purchased it off of said the top was rebuilt about twenty years ago. I’ve never had a problem with it and it always fires right up and drives fine.

How is the clutch

rear main leak?
Engine original?

Just so you know I’m moving to VA the second week of July. Vehicle will not be for sale anymore once it’s loaded on a trailer for the trip.

Copy that
A 69 with ball and claw front axle at 14k is a pretty niche market
Just looking for pictures.
Is the New Mexico title in your name?
Why not California title

Not sure if I agree with your statement. Original running trucks that have new steel in the trouble areas are seldom. Those being the rear sill and quarter panels. Which are brand new. If they are for sale they have had a piss poor respray in their past and normally more. New Mexico title is in the previous owner's name. As is the bill of sale. Lazy and COVID did me in with the transfer. Here’s a pic I took of when I pulled the gas tank and seats.

5211E751-CD52-413D-84D4-E5413F1C46DD.jpeg

Last edited:
Thats a great deal, i have owned several fj40, and nearly all of them have some rust to some extent. Glad you got what you wanted. I have a 69 that is the same color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom