SOLD Temecula, CA 69’ FJ40 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Blue
Price: $14,000

1969 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Original Engine and drive train. 3 on the tree. Runs great. New Italian pebble grain leather seats. Front and back. Fresh fluids throughout. New windshield and gasket. New tires and lights as well. Original owners manual and warranty cards included. Floorboards are solid and the rust you see on the sides and back panels were replaced with fresh metal. New headliner in the box as well. Side steps were rebuilt and ready to go back on. Have single staged paint in cans to cover the new metal as well. Also, stock mirrors to replace the ones on now. Clear New Mexico title.

*If the ad is up it’s still available. If you ask I’ll assume you didn’t read any of the ad and are wasting my time.”

7DC2E29B-CCC4-4753-B254-D157CB19188E.jpeg

58040033-1C24-4F2D-924E-F6AD05EDE5B4.jpeg

E87CD9DE-7118-48F0-9E20-E7E098AD71BF.jpeg

16017A96-9AE5-4B89-9B79-446BA4C33F59.jpeg

A12CC272-84F6-4D8A-8478-ADE04B6F8641.jpeg

Last edited:
So.. is this still for sale, going up on BAT or what?

Nice work, by the way.

So.. is this still for sale, going up on BAT or what?

Nice work, by the way.

Oddly enough the guy didn’t come back today and gave up his deposit. He had 48 hours. Getting rich off deposits it appears. So yes back up for sale. BAT was pretty rude over the phone so I’ll just leave it up here. Second week of July it moves to VA and will no longer be for sale.

I took a bunch of videos today. If anyone wants them they can shoot me a message on Facebook.

Rate the engine on a scale of 1-10 with a 10 being excellent
Is this the original engine/transmission? (engine number will confirm production date, please provide). I have no reason to think it’s not, but didn’t actually verify.
Has either engine/transmission been rebuilt? - See ad.
Original carburetor or after market? Original.
What repairs does the engine/transmission need? Maybe an engine tune. Runs fine though.
Does it leak fluids? Zero
Does it burn oil? Level is always the same.
Is the clutch in good shape? Shifts fine.
Have brakes been serviced? When? Not sure. Stops quick.
Transmission - in good working order - both high and low range? Works fine.
Does it shift smoothly? It does.
Power steering? If you need to ask...
How many inches of play in the steering? Not sure. Not enough for me to comment.

Rate the interior on a scale of 1-10 with a 10 being perfect
What is broken or missing on the interior? The front doors are missing a circle cover. Not sure what it’s called. I have one. Old rubber.
Seats Ripped - Obviously not.
Headliner sagging or gone? Already addresses this in the ad.
Rear Jump Seats present? Yep
Dash Pads Ripped or cracked? They are good. Upper was replaced with a dash box.
Dash board cut out for add-on switches or stereo? I didn’t see any extra holes. The odd toggle I thought was an add on is the OEM back up light switch.
Original Radio? Didn’t have one originally.
Gauges working? See below.
All signals working? They work but need bulbs.
Brake lights? Needs a bulb for the dash. Exterior lights work. Interior light Worked and then i started messing with the gauge/speedo shorts.
Head lights? Work fine
Turn Signals? Work fine
Licence Plate lights? Brand new OEM. Work fine.
Hazards? Chasing a short with the turns. Separate flasher relay. Might just use an electronic.
Wipers? Works fine
Washers? Drivers side works. I think the passenger is clogged.
Instrument lighting? Works fine.
Interior Light? Have it. Not hooked up as I was going to pull the top for a new headliner.
Original Owners manual present? - I believe so. Stated I have it.
Inspection light present? Doesn’t have one
Jack present? No
Toolbag Present? No
Rear Heater? yes - does it work? Worked, but unhooked the dash switches while chasing the gauges / speedometer fuse issue. It keeps popping with the speedo hooked up. Just odd. Probably simple as it has been with this whole truck.

Congrats your sale @letterman52 - exactly what I'm in the market for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom