Tatton forward drive shaft installation issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I finally decided to pull the trigger and get a Tatton DC forward drive shaft for my LX450. I went with CJ Tatton given I heard great things about the quality of his work. When I tried to install and connect the CV to the T-case it would not slide into place. The CV’s circular holes would not clear the T-case bolt screw and get stuck. I tried sliding the DC several times but it was a NOGO. However when I placed the front differential bolt screws into from the DC CV no issues so the holes are the right size. So I decided to reinstall the OEM drive shaft and slid it in place with no issues. What gives? What am I doing wrong? Has anyone else come across this issue? Anyone have time to help me out? I’m in Tucson but I can drive over to anyone’s house so we can knock it out.

IMG_1303.png

So I finally decided to pull the trigger and get a Tatton DC forward drive shaft for my LX450. I went with CJ Tatton given I heard great things about the quality of his work. When I tried to install and connect the CV to the T-case it would not slide into place. The CV’s circular holes would not clear the T-case bolt screw and get stuck. I tried sliding the DC several times but it was a NOGO. However when I placed the front differential bolt screws into from the DC CV no issues so the holes are the right size. So I decided to reinstall the OEM drive shaft and slid it in place with no issues. What gives? What am I doing wrong? Has anyone else come across this issue? Anyone have time to help me out? I’m in Tucson but I can drive over to anyone’s house so we can knock it out.

View attachment 3425485
Do a search on here for "Tatton" and you may find an answer as well as some you don't want to hear.

I would recommend returning and getting the Landtank DC shaft

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom