Tall skinny tires (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like the Kanati 35x10.5x15 are available again. I’m thinking swapping out my Krawlers for these. I don’t think with my lift and cut wheel wells that I can do the 33x10.5. Are you running wheel spacers with stock wheels and the 35x10.5?

907FBA31-6B5B-4F52-948F-567F43404D6B.jpeg

Looks like the Kanati 35x10.5x15 are available again. I’m thinking swapping out my Krawlers for these. I don’t think with my lift and cut wheel wells that I can do the 33x10.5. Are you running wheel spacers with stock wheels and the 35x10.5?

View attachment 3311956
Its unclear to whom you're asking questions of, but I know of qty 3 FJ4x series with the 35x10.5 Kanati's mounted up. My '69, mattressking's olive FJ40, and voodoo cruisers has an FJ45 with them. I am not running wheel spacers. Stock steelies, stock axles, stock wheel openings.

IMG_0468.JPG
IMG_0470.JPG

Last edited:
Its unclear to whom you're asking questions of, but I know of qty 3 FJ4x series with the 35x10.5 Kanati's mounted up. My '69, mattressking's olive FJ40, and voodoo cruisers has an FJ45 with them. I am not running wheel spacers. Stock steelies, stock axles, stock wheel openings.

View attachment 3312067View attachment 3312068
Asking anyone that will listen or respond. Thanks for the reply.

I prematurely wore out my 33x10.5R17 Goodyear MTRs 3 of the tires are so heavily cupped they aren't really safe for the road anymore. Super bummed. I rotated them every 5k miles and it wasn't enough.

About the debate on wide vs skinny:

Got to appreciate the effort, but the info IMHO, is for overall performance. And flotation is not even addressed, which in some cases, is why wider tires are run. My 80 is a heavy beast and my 315/75/16’s help considerably on soft sand and other such surfaces. I must admit, their negative list for wider tires is true - fuel mileage and snow performance is where I notice it most.

Last edited:
I already posted these tires a while back but I wanted to let yall know about these rims that are perfect for the tall skinny. Had the wheel Smith make these for me. 17x7 with 3.25 backspace. Did a little more backspace than needed to help when I chain up for the winter. And they are perfect no spacers needed for my 75. The rims I had before were s*** and were not true I chased a death wabble problem for what seems like a year.

20230521_140907.jpg

I’ll get more pix and measurements this weekend.

Pimp tires

Can you run a level across the top and see how tall they actually are mounted?

I have a set of 34x10.50-15 TSLs in my shop thus are 32.5” tall
Post 460 has the Kanati 35x10.5 data, 34-1/8” mounted and installed.

They look great! Can you take a picture from the back? Also where did you get them?
I got the thru Discount Tire. Rep on Tacomaworld set me up. $192 x 5. They had them in the store in less than a week. 5 of these are about the same price as most 33x10.5.

As many of his videos it's very interesting and goes deep in technical details.
But I think on this one, one of his conclusion is very wrong.
He concludes that tires still widens while lowering pressure because he has a round contact patch, while I think the reality is that his tire is too big and too high weight rating for the weight of the vehicle. And what he demonstrates is that it can't have a correct contact patch with road pressures. Which should be a clear sign that those tires are a no no for this specific truck.

He concludes that tires still widens while lowering pressure because he has a round contact patch, while I think the reality is that his tire is too big and too high weight rating for the weight of the vehicle. And what he demonstrates is that it can't have a correct contact patch with road pressures. Which should be a clear sign that those tires are a no no for this specific truck.
Yep 100% agree, it's interesting data though, just seeing the contact patches is pretty cool.

I agree and also think this is why changing tire sizes is such a dark art.

To do so without ending up with the wrong application, or limiting maximum traction ability.

Users who are viewing this thread

• nick
Back
Top Bottom