Tacoma - Opinion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Glad you like the taco!
Can't wait to see it markmodded ; )

Keep the rims ; )

Glad you like the taco!
Can't wait to see it markmodded ; )

Keep the rims ; )

I am glad I like it as well...not sure if I like it more than the 80...but, damn if it doesn't fill a sweet spot. Enough room for 4 adults, room for 2 dogs, and still plenty of storage space and nice off-road performance.

I will save the rims for you.

- Mark

The first modification goes in tomorrow, it came via the Brown truck of goodies today...unfortunately they don't ship FedEx. I can't understand why they don't make a drop-in for the 80 series. This thing is beefy and really made nicely.
ForumRunner_20110628_230248.jpg

Well, I did the first two mods today, the Weathertech Digital Fit mats and the Console Vault installation. The mats fit like a glove...much better than the 80 series mats that they make. The Console Vault is straight up awesome. I have attached some pictures below. Also, I took measurements of the 80 and the Tacoma this evening and I was shocked...absolutely shocked. I will put together a nice table and post the measurements this evening.
ForumRunner_20110630_202934.jpg
ForumRunner_20110630_204024.jpg
ForumRunner_20110630_210522.jpg
ForumRunner_20110630_210549.jpg

So, I took some time this evening to measure the Tacoma and the 80; I've been thinking that they look pretty similar...so, time to take out the measuring tape. Now, these measurements were taken by Randi and I with a tape measurer...no lasers...no 3D imaging, etc.

So here they are (Land Cruiser / Tacoma):

Height to middle of the lowest point of the front bumper - 21.75 / 19.5
Height to the lowest point of the corner of the front bumper - 26.5 / 20.0
Height to the lowest point at the center of the front differential - 11.0 / 12.25
Height to lowest point of sliders / side steps - 17.75 / 20.0
Wheelbase - 113.0 / 128.0
Height to middle of the lowest point of the rear bumper - 24.5 / 21.75
Height to lowest point of the corner of the rear bumper - 23.0 / 23.0
Height to the lowest point at the center of the rear differential - 10.0 / 10.0
Height to the lowest point of the transfer case skid plate - 14.0 / 15.75
Front track width at widest point of tires - 77.0 / 76.0
Rear track width at the widest point of tires - 76.0 / 76.75
Height to the bottom of the front windshield - 54.0 / 53.5
Height at the highest point of the truck - 87.5 / 71.0
Bumper-to-Bumper - 197.0 / 207.0
Height of the tailgate (open) - 35.0 / 35.0

I don't know about you guys...but, those are some pretty similar measurements. You guys know how my 80 is setup and right now the Tacoma is stock except it is running 285/75/16's. I think the bumper measurements will increase as I replace the stock bumpers with the ARB on the front and a CBI on the rear. Also, the slider measurements should increase on the Tacoma as well...as I get rid of the side steps and replace them with high clearance sliders. None the less, pretty amazing measurements.

- Mark

Last edited:
Is that a Kimber?

It's my Kimber Super Carry Pro, it's one of my favorite pistols and what I usually carry...nothing like a hard hitting .45 to put 'em down.

- Mark

It's my Kimber Super Carry Pro, it's one of my favorite pistols and what I usually carry...nothing like a hard hitting .45 to put 'em down.

- Mark

nom nom! My dream CCW right there.
I picked up a Glock 39, the subcompact .45 GAP, for CCW and friggin' LOVE it. Until I can afford something as beautiful as this Kimber, this little .45 will do.

Gubs

I love 'Cruisers and Kimbers! Someone who looks just like me "might" have an Ultra Carry II. Never can tell for sure.....:grinpimp:
I'll soon have a Solo on order for the :princess: (I know, get in line.)

I second the Christmas wish of a Console Vault made for the 80.
Mark, your Taco is going to be incredible. Looking forward to the progress pics and hopefully seeing it at the Crawl in October.

Justin

The Taco sounds like the platform for you Mark. Just keep the tire size down to keep the CVs happy.

Knowing Mark's appetite... he'll be calling RCV before he breaks any... That would be so:grinpimp:

126 inch wheelbase?! My diesel is about the same!

Does the taco "feel " smaller than the 80? By the time ya lift It, it may be a little higher...
Still the taco bed will be easier and lower than the 80 roof.

126 inch wheelbase?! My diesel is about the same!

Does the taco "feel " smaller than the 80? By the time ya lift It, it may be a little higher...
Still the taco bed will be easier and lower than the 80 roof.

modded tacos flat-out do work. Period. There's two over here that have been SAS'd and the wheel base on those things make them do obstacles with complete finesse... :iShitYouNot!:
I think it does better than an 80 ever will.... even Lorena.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom