Tacoma - Opinion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:lol:lenny you kill me:cool::lol:

I saw tons and tons of Hilux trucks with the diesel in Belize.

I know it's crazy, but have you thought about ponying up and finding one of those? The importing of that might be a true nightmare, but I know that's not our of your reach :bounce:

I think it's that way everywhere in South America. I was in Panama and Columbia a few times on my last deployment and it had to be close to 50% of all vehicles I saw were Toyota hilux, turbo diesel, 5speed, 4wd, double cabs. It was heaven seeing them but hell knowing I couldn't get one. Importing standards just went up recently too so its even more difficult now.

I think it's that way everywhere EXCEPT THE UNITED STATES. I was in Panama and Columbia a few times on my last deployment and it had to be close to 50% of all vehicles I saw were Toyota hilux, turbo diesel, 5speed, 4wd, double cabs. It was heaven seeing them but hell knowing I couldn't get one. Importing standards just went up recently too so its even more difficult now.

I feexed it fur u :hillbilly:

Ha! Yeah Jordan, probably true. The places in Europe I've been to though were more SUV's and/or miniature cars. Whereas S.A. were all minis of the 80's & 90's body styles. I even saw late model Jeep wrangler diesels, late model Land Rover diesels and TINY 3cyl Toyota diesel cars in Italy.

Last edited:
The new ride is in town. Thus far, I love it...reminds me of the 80 quite a bit. Randi digs the interior and the fact that it's not as loud as the 80. Time for some modifications...and we will see how she compares to the 80 offroad.

- Mark
ForumRunner_20110627_134957.jpg

You better hurry up and get some wheels. Leo will be back from Moab soon.

Dogs love it and I mean absolutely love it! I haven't gotten the wheels back yet...they were on vacation last week. So, I am hoping they will send them this week...should be cool. I can't believe my bling would be in danger of being stolen by a fellow club member...say it ain't so Lenny!

It really isn't that big...I am going to measure it out today and see how it compares to the 80. I took it to my mechanic (Chris) who is now at Lexus of Memphis and he looked it over yesterday and today and said the truck is just in fantastic shape. Nothing needs to be repaired...so, we are all set for the modifications to begin!

- Mark

...so, we are all set for the modifications to begin!

- Mark

:bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2:

What are you going to do with the bed? A rack? I love the way expeditioned trucks look! That's what I want the Tundra to "look" like even though it never will leave camp... But i do want it equiped as a camp rig eventually.

fjfar80 said:
It really isn't that big...I am going to measure it out today and see how it compares to the 80. I took it to my mechanic (Chris) who is now at Lexus of Memphis and he looked it over yesterday and today and said the truck is just in fantastic shape. Nothing needs to be repaired...so, we are all set for the modifications to begin!

- Mark

I am ready...get the stuff in and we will go to town....I have a lot of time on my hand.

Well, Jacque has ordered the Icon suspension (with OME leaf packs for the rear), the front bumper, front ARB air locker, and the snorkel. I am working with Nathan at CBI Fabrication to get the perfect rear bumper and sliders. I am also trying to decide on the right skid plate set - probably going to go with Bud Built. As far as the bed goes - I am going to go with the TruckVault Extreme Series bed drawers. I figure that way I have storage but, I also have the bed capacity still there. I am probably just going to go with some cross bars and mount a RTT flat on the bed rails. I may just go with one drawer and mount the ARB refrigerator on the other side. I am also trying to figure out what will be the best solution for mounting on-board air. I may just use my PowerTank but, ARB has a new compressor that is pretty slick. I could probably use that to control the lockers and feed an air tank that I could mount under the bed. There are a lot of options out there...I just need to do some planning and figure out what the best plan of attack is going to be.

It should be fun.

- Mark

Well, Jacque has ordered the Icon suspension (with OME leaf packs for the rear), the front bumper, front ARB air locker, and the snorkel. I am working with Nathan at CBI Fabrication to get the perfect rear bumper and sliders. I am also trying to decide on the right skid plate set - probably going to go with Bud Built. As far as the bed goes - I am going to go with the TruckVault Extreme Series bed drawers. I figure that way I have storage but, I also have the bed capacity still there. I am probably just going to go with some cross bars and mount a RTT flat on the bed rails. I may just go with one drawer and mount the ARB refrigerator on the other side. I am also trying to figure out what will be the best solution for mounting on-board air. I may just use my PowerTank but, ARB has a new compressor that is pretty slick. I could probably use that to control the lockers and feed an air tank that I could mount under the bed. There are a lot of options out there...I just need to do some planning and figure out what the best plan of attack is going to be.

It should be fun.

- Mark

Sound like a plan. So where is the freight truck from Jacque coming too?

I like that the rear of the truck still has leaf springs...

There are a ton of options which is great. Let me know if and when you need help.

-Bomar

It should be fun.

- Mark

I read this twice and never saw the word "supercharger" mentioned. Try again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom