Builds Swan Hill Farm Find - 1964 FJ45

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thanks to Ozcruiser who passed on the link.
Purchased this last Week. Will sit on it for a while.
Plan for a Frame off Restoration ( once the Soft top completed!)

One Owner, Tool Kit, Owners Manual, Jack, Crank Handle, Hubcap Clip Wheels, Original Master Cylinders and Service Records......and very little Rust! :)
It's Original, apart from Rear Tray. ( I will try to source a Well Body, as it was ordered. )
By the Vin Plate I calculate it is a late July / early August 1964. The Owner bought this one at Kerang Toyota Victoria in January 1965.

The Vehicle was 'decommissioned' in 2009.
In 2007, the Original Motor and Gearbox were fully rebuilt and have approximately 5000 km's on them.
A couple of factors with this made me smile. Firstly, the Son of the Owner did everything right when they put the 45 in the Shed. Drained the Fuel Tank etc. Prior to Purchase, I asked if he could turn the Motor over? After doing the necessary; fitting Plugs, Adding Fuel to Tank/ Carb and Battery, it fired first time and Idled perfectly.
Wheel Cylinders are leaking badly and Thermostat is stuck.
I'll need to source a Steering Wheel, Horn Cover and a few other things but overall it's an awesome 45!

View media item 444583 Generations of Landcruisers on the Farm
View media item 44429View media item 44434View media item 44433View media item 44445View media item 44444View media item 44439View media item 44440View media item 44441View media item 44437View media item 44426View media item 44443View media item 44436View media item 44442View media item 44425View media item 44427

Nice find there Andy looks great

Nice find!

Can't tell with the tray is this a long or short wheel base 45. Removable top and long running boards with that VIN make it probably one of the first removable tops. Would have to look at my VIN but make mine out to be a 9/64 with only one older on the LWB list. Your is clearly older still. Nice find. Last time I checked front turn signals were still available new from Toyota and not priced too bad. Front bib light while having amber lenses were available and cheap. Might be worth just to get new wiring and metal. Believe the lens screws changed and are cross head not straight. A lot of the other items are the same as the FJ40 and still floating around at least here in the US.

Can't tell with the tray is this a long or short wheel base 45. Removable top and long running boards with that VIN make it probably one of the first removable tops. Would have to look at my VIN but make mine out to be a 9/64 with only one older on the LWB list. Your is clearly older still. Nice find. Last time I checked front turn signals were still available new from Toyota and not priced too bad. Front bib light while having amber lenses were available and cheap. Might be worth just to get new wiring and metal. Believe the lens screws changed and are cross head not straight. A lot of the other items are the same as the FJ40 and still floating around at least here in the US.

116" Wheel Base. Long?
So the Screws in the Bib Park Lens should be Phillips Head?

Had a good look over it today.
One of the Headlamps has been replaced. Need to find a small round Koito logo Lens.

Hmm, I have some koito sealed beams. Not allowed to use here. When you can't find any over there it might be an (expensive?) option to ship them to you.

Ok. On the 45 I found 1 with the newer koito logo on it and the other side was aftermarket. Found the ones of my fj60 and those were General Electric. I yet have to find the old headlights of the 62 fj40. Will keep you posted.

Hi Andy, nice find on the truck. I just bought one today that is 40 later than yours, my vin is FJ45-20066. Do you know exactly what build date yours is? Would like to find out my exact date. I'll start a new thread with pics of mine..... not as good a nik as yours but I'm stoked with it..

Last edited:
Hi Andy,

this is the wheelbrace that came in my 64.. painted body colour so I assume it is original.

64wheelbrace.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom