Suspension replacement without lift (1 Viewer)

Anyone have brand/vendor recommendations for rebuilding the tired suspension on an 87 with as little lift as possible?

I did long OME AALs in each saggy pack and it sits about where I think stock would be. it is a bit rough for a while while the AALs break in. Another option that I have no real experience with would be trying the light OMEs and taking a leaf(s) out...might make a softer at height ride...HTH

gregnash

Anal Retentive Analyst
SILVER Star

Rebuilding is not going to be quite as nice as getting a whole new suspension, ask me how I know...
AALs are going to be pretty much your only option and then having the springs rearched by a spring shop to work.
Cost for me doing this, plus new shocks and bushings ended up being around $700ish but that was using my friends that own a truck accessories shop so I got parts at cost.

If I were to do over again I would wait until I had the money for a complete suspension system. Then from there determine on size lift or "Grocery Getter" from SOR for no/little lift.

Manafre has a stock 60 replacement option for @1300.00. I considered it for my 85, but I wanted a light/medium setup and easiest I found was to go OME with slight lift. There are few companies that selll OE, no lift springs, and that is another option. Good Luck.

My 60 had a very tired suspension when I got it (245,000 miles). I installed AAL's in the rear, and that helped for sure. Cheap, effective. Not as good as a new OME suspension, but lots cheaper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom