Suspension issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, newbie here. I recently purchased a 2019 200 series with an Ironman foam cell pro kit installed. It has a stage 3 kit but the upper and lower rear trailing arms are not installed and brand new in the box.

The issue is, when you accelerate hard it pulls to the right. It coasts and brakes straight. Toyota mechanics inspected the issue and found that the front coilovers are making contact on both sides. Could this cause the truck to pull right with acceleration?

I’m going to call the shop and have them adjust the front suspension but should I also have them install the rear upper/lower trailing arms? Will they make it easier for the installer get everything in line?

This is a family truck and spends 80% on road around town and 20% off road. Thanks in advance for any input on my situation.

IMG_4601.png

IMG_4600.png

adding the panhard correction bracket made a ton of difference on my truck. suspension is BP-51. also, once the panhard bracket took that member to much closer to horizontal, it elimiated the unreasonable amount off a$$-wiggle I was getting on speed bumps/humps.
So I have the adjustable panhard bar but no brackets. Which bracket did you get?

IMG_4620.jpeg

IMG_4621.jpeg

So I have the adjustable panhard bar but no brackets. Which bracket did you get?

View attachment 3506339

View attachment 3506340
Go with the DR.KDSS because it's a bolt on solution, EIMkieth is a weld on. This will fix the wiggle over dips and bumps. This will not fix the pull to the right. To do this you need to lower the front by adjusting the collar lower on the strut.

Go with the DR.KDSS because it's a bolt on solution, EIMkieth is a weld on. This will fix the wiggle over dips and bumps. This will not fix the pull to the right. To do this you need to lower the front by adjusting the collar lower on the strut.
Interesting! I never found the bolt-on during my search. I just did the Panhard Correction Kits - https://eimkeith.com/buystuff/pck/#200.

There are a bunch of threads about the geometry question here, but it boils down to: the panhard should be as horizontal as possible. The adjustable (which I also got at first) does not do this; it just helped get my wheels back in line. The bracket (either bolt or weld) will do the goodness you seek, at least on the back end.

What are the front and rear suspension ride heights measured from the fender lip to the center of the hub?

center of hub to fender lip.
Front driver 23 1/8
Front passenger 23
Rear driver 23 3/4
Rear passenger 23

Definitely have some stuff going on. Ordered the dr kdss panhard correction bracket. Going to install that when I get it and level out t the front and go from there.

Stock front height is approximately 19.5" and rear 20.5" or so... about a 1" rake. Most lift kits are designed to handle extra weight. I don't think you have much added weight. So, the rear is high. And then the shop tries to match the front to the rear... so now the front is high. The front lift should not match the rear on this vehicle.

Get the front end down to 21.5-22" and you'll see a drastic change. The rear could be lower too but you'll need different springs. Find out which springs were installed and go from there. You might be happy just dropping the front end and installing a Panhard bracket.

Stock front height is approximately 19.5" and rear 20.5" or so... about a 1" rake. Most lift kits are designed to handle extra weight. I don't think you have much added weight. So, the rear is high. And then the shop tries to match the front to the rear... so now the front is high. The front lift should not match the rear on this vehicle.

Get the front end down to 21.5-22" and you'll see a drastic change. The rear could be lower too but you'll need different springs. Find out which springs were installed and go from there. You might be happy just dropping the front end and installing a Panhard bracket.
Thanks for you reply, I appreciate all the helpful information. I found a part number on the rear spring and I’m gonna call Ironman tomorrow and see what rate the spring is. The panhard bracket should even out the rear end right? After that I’ll shoot for a minimum of 1” rake in the front. Thanks again for your help

Yes, the Panhard bracket will help in all cases where the rear lift is 2" or more. But the main issue is with the front end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom