Summer Of The Pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got this pig 2 summers ago, the 1F motor had been pulled, dissembled, bored out, and was ready to go back together.

I wanted to go back with a diesel or a 2F, and have all the body work finished, seats recovered, etc. before I started driving it.

But my little 94 Toyota pick-up burned to the ground about a month ago. So I was left with the choice of either buying another truck, or dumping my money into the pig so I could start driving it.

I choose to dump the money into the pig.

I have several short threads from everything from diesels in pigs to dumb noob questions, I thought it was time to start a build thread and keep all my questions in one place.

The pig on pick up day.

CAG5EJOL.jpg

Picked-up from Arkfay. thanks again
CAG5EJOL.jpg

Last edited:
My kids took a couple of days a stripped down everything they could get off. Seats, lights, exhaust, etc.

IMG015.jpg

Got the tires from Okie_dave so i'd have something to roll it on. They are still holding air.
IMG015.jpg

Great that you got some little helpers......will be fun to watch yer rig in its transformation!!!!:cheers:

i am missing a couple of bellhousing bolts, the two at the top and screw in from the back.

anyone have any extras they want to sell, or a part number on them, does the auto parts stores have bellhousing bolt kits?

my local ACE has the right bolts, check yours, lemme know if they dont and i'll look in my pile.

thanks

the ace here in town is just lumber and door knobs. there is another one about 20 mins away. i'll check with them

alright motor is in

tranny is bolted up.

new clutch fork, throw out bearing, new boot..........

of course it's hard to see under all the dirt

motors in.jpg
motors in.jpg

i can't remember if it was k9 or dstrbutr, one of the ladies..

told me the rockers would be shot, boy was she right. it didn't look too bad till i started wire grinding, but......

rocker.jpg
rocker.jpg

here is the back passenger corner, it is not finished but i thought i'd put it up

terrible pic, but it doesn't look too much better in person.

not yet :D

back quarter.jpg

edit: that's the primer that turns bare metal black
back quarter.jpg

Last edited:
just remembered...............

i can't find any cross member for the tranny, are the rear motor mounts the only thing that hold the tranny up.

The typical fix for those rockers is to cut 'em out & replace w/ 1 X 3 or 2 X 4 3/16" wall tubing or maybe Iron Pig Off Road : Toyota 4WD experts has made another run of their sliders ready to weld on. I used 1 X 3 & braced to the frame & left about 1/2" from below the door sill to weld to. I had to refab the front & rear areas of the wheel wells too:
DSC00446.JPG
DSC00444.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom