Stumbling when cold in 3-4 gear... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm having an issue when I first take off driving in the morning. It will pull fine in first and second getting out of the neighborhood, once I get out on the highway and try 3-4, it begins to really stumble and even pop out the exhaust.

I tried starting it up and letting it sit and idle for ten minutes before I left, didn't help.

I tried pulling the choke out, made no difference in the stumbling. (its over 80* in the morning so I wouldn't think it would need to be choked at all, starts fine)

It does eventually get over the stumble if I putter around and run through the gears a bunch, and once it does, it runs fantastic! Plenty of power, smooth, all the plugs look correct color, etc...

Carb is a fresh rebuild, distributor is new, timing is correct on the BB, valves are adjusted...

Thanks for the replies guys!

The OE distributor was toast, had it's own set of problems so putting it back in would just shift the issues.

I guess I'm having trouble with accepting it has anything to do with being cold natured since it is hotter than a #@!%* right now outside...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom