STLCA Annual Meeting and election (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

see you guys tonight, wife had a Dr. appt. rescheduled to this morning. I'll be sporting a Kia rental.

I'll be there tomorrow afternoon ( Sat )at some point....in my "super-cool" commuter car....honda civic

Forgot to add. A not running 40. As in dead in the water.

#massive engine oil leak.

@LDowney do you know what happen to your engine yet?

Finally yes and no. A oil galley plug at the front of the block dislodged. Why it came out has yet to be resolved.

The nut on the harmonic balancer had been fighting me and only came loose tonight. Once I pulled the balancer (& AC pulley), I could see the open hole where the galley plug had been. Besides figuring out why; I need to find out if the plug can be replaced without pulling the engine out of the truck.
One head ache at a time ...

Glad you found the problem (hopefully) Larry. Good luck on the fix!

Is it a threaded hole? If not, can it be threaded? Sucks big time, but hopefully you caught it before any major internal damage was done.

WOW!
I don't think I have heard of that happen before. Hope it can be fix without pulling engine. Good luck.

@LDowney do you know what happen to your engine yet?

WOW!
I don't think I have heard of that happen before. Hope it can be fix without pulling engine. Good luck.

All fixed now(as of Saturday).
Here is a image with the plus missing

missing galley plug.jpg

Here is after clean up and installing a replacement plug.
galley plug replaced.jpg

To celebrate (after trying to wash even more oil off the 40), I pulled our daily drivers out of the shop into the afternoon sun
back in line up.jpg

group photo.jpg

PS Did any one wind up bringing an extra strap home? My 20 foot recovery strap was not in the gear that made it home, so I hope it caught a ride with someone else rather than being left behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom