Stereo FAQ (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Will does your LX have factory NAV? If not you will have to wire the new head unit to the truck by cutting off the radio harness. The LX (in the USA) has a 22 pin connector - no ones made an adapter a that we have seen.

No NAV unit, only tape and 6-stack CD in the center console.
Plus the amplifier under the drivers seat.

What you are saying is to cut off the factory connector and match it with the new head unit wiring loom. Correct?

That's what I'm saying unless someone has come out with an adapter recently...even then I would cut it :)

This is the radio connector in the dash from a 2000 LX470 (USA)

IMG_2258.jpg
IMG_2258.jpg

Right, so what I have to do is get the wiring diagram from my truck, take the factory stereo out.
Cut of the wires from the connector what went into the factory stereo.
Take the new head unit and conect the wires from the new connector/head unit with the cut off wires from the factory wiring loom.
Sounds easy, until you open it all up and see lots of wires probably. :)

Some pictures from the back of the radio with the three connectors. I think the right most is for the 6-cd stack in the center console (left in picture, in the corner).
IMG_4544.jpg
IMG_4545.jpg

Is this similar to the US?

Yes, mine has a 6-CD stack in the center console.

Wilsil said:
Yes, mine has a 6-CD stack in the center console.

Sorry I didn't see your previous comment. :)

It seems like your version of the LX is wired like the LC here in the USA. It's likely the metra harness would work. If you choose aftermarket head unit you will lose your 6 disc in the console.

Sent from my iPad 2 using IH8MUD

I dont mind loosing the cd stack.

I unplugged the little connector and the one next to it and the radio kept playing........

Wilsil said:
I unplugged the little connector and the one next to it and the radio kept playing........

Sounds like its the same as USA but that is an assumption. Track down the wire diagram to verify and then install a new radio.

Sent from my iPad 2 using IH8MUD

Last edited:
Will do some more testing and search the web for a wiring diagram. I only found one for a 2004 Landcruiser and I assume they are different.

Did some testing last Sunday.
There are 3 connectors:
- 3 pin: function: no idea.
- 15 pin: power. (left connector in picture)
- 12 pin: 6-CD stack in te center console. (middle connector in picture)
colors in 15 pin are as follows (looking from radio end of connector):

09 10 11 12 |----| 13 14 15
01 02 | 03 04 05 06 | 07 08

01 black/brown
02 black/white
03 na
04 brown
05 black
06 green
07 white
08 red
09 black/brown (with silver marks)
10 green (with silver marks)
11 grey
12 blue/yellow
13 orange
14 pink
15 yellow

Went to the Lexus dealer today and told my story.
I asked if they had the wiring diagram and presto, they printed it of for me, free of charge. :)
The strange orange wire, which I never saw on any other wiring dfiagram, is the mute.
Now to find someone who can make a wirng loom from this to whatever the new unit will have.

Anyone have a picture of where to tap in to the parking brake on a 2000 LC. Also what the best place to tap in to power for blue tooth and ipod? My deck is a AVIC Z2 Real time help would be much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom