Starter motors for 1hz diesel in an 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My existing starter motor (a Bosch) fitted to my 1hz motor is beginning to play up. I suspect it's the solenoid contacts or something related to that, similar to what happens with the higher quality genuine Denso starters.

I'm thinking of buying a new genuine Denso starter and 'going back' to the proper (!) product.

There are masses of cheap Chinese copy Denso starters on Ebay, etc. along with the Bosch ones (supposedly good quality - but...).

Just wanted to toss the idea around to see what you think.

Original one on my motor was a very old (and very sick) Denso 28100-17010. There seem to have been a lot of updates to the 1hz starters throughout the build range of 80's and the current ones show up as 28100-17061. Are they directly interchangable?

My existing starter motor (a Bosch) fitted to my 1hz motor is beginning to play up. I suspect it's the solenoid contacts or something related to that, similar to what happens with the higher quality genuine Denso starters.

I'm thinking of buying a new genuine Denso starter and 'going back' to the proper (!) product.

There are masses of cheap Chinese copy Denso starters on Ebay, etc. along with the Bosch ones (supposedly good quality - but...).

Just wanted to toss the idea around to see what you think.

Original one on my motor was a very old (and very sick) Denso 28100-17010. There seem to have been a lot of updates to the 1hz starters throughout the build range of 80's and the current ones show up as 28100-17061. Are they directly interchangable?

I have found some Really hard to find applications for DENSO products on Amazon , I Have Never been Bunked by a fake knock off either

i had a job in my shop for a 2002 jeep wrangler 4.2L and come to find out DENSO actually makes ALL there own parts for that application including the main body , witch is always one on the Re-manufactured parts typically , so i got a 100% All parts New NipponDenso Custom Denso starter for Amazon low price

i just did a quick search , Is your starter a YANMAR application also ?

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...d-keywords=28100-17010&rh=i:aps,k:28100-17010

https://www.amazon.com/Starter-Toyo...F8&qid=1527152544&sr=8-5&keywords=28100-17010

let us know if this route works for u or not & why

like i was saying i have at least 25+ Toyota Various vehical application starters this route , and never a issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom