Stainless Steel Landcruiser Snorkels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Website
www.sloopimports.com
Sloop Imports is proud to announce the USA introduction of the Full line of In-House Fabrications 4 inch 316 stainless steel snorkels. 40, 60, 79, 80, 100 and 200 Series snorkels are available for ordering. Container is expected o leave Brisbane Australia early March for an early May arrival. Check out www.sloopimports.com for details or call 970-846-1000 for details.

IMG_2577.JPG

IMG_9975.jpg

IMG_1171.JPG

IMG_9870.JPG

Last edited:
these look so good. Any chance there will be a pre order sale?

I dig it, but your 79 application is extremely limited here. A few wide-nose converted 70’s but no (legal) VDJs

Any pictures of your UZJ100 snorkel (assuming the plumbing is different than the HDJ100).

Options for an air box?

What's the upside of SS for this application?

I like the look. I'm sure not everyone will. It's a finely crafted piece of metal where other offerings have cheap, blow-molded plastic.

Not sure if there's a strength advantage, but in my eyes there's an aesthetic one.

If you're going to carve a whole into a perfectly good fender you may as well put something in that hole that wasn't made in a no-name factory in the depths of industrial China out of whatever blend of recycled plastic pellets they have on hand.

What's the upside of SS for this application?

When talking about high performance applications, a metal or carbon fiber intake will help keep you intake temps down when compared to plastic.

In this application, because the intake is not within the engine bay heat soak is not an issue.

So, in this application it is strength and durability as well as looks.

Haha. Ya well you live in Wisconsin. Why even have a Land Cruiser. :rofl:

I don't follow - why would you not want an LC in WI?

I was able to ford about 3 feet deep water without any ill effects without the snorkel. In a weak moment I decided to install the snorkel and I don't see it serving any functional purpose and I don't appreciate the look. Also, it tends to catch branches and stuff on tighter trails.

I don't follow - why would you not want an LC in WI?

I was able to ford about 3 feet deep water without any ill effects without the snorkel. In a weak moment I decided to install the snorkel and I don't see it serving any functional purpose and I don't appreciate the look. Also, it tends to catch branches and stuff on tighter trails.

Another consideration is that on the 100, water crossings can easily kill alternators and cooling fans before you're sucking in water.

The snorkel might be good insurance in avoiding water intake, but that's not the only problem you face fording water in these.

Another consideration is that on the 100, water crossings can easily kill alternators and cooling fans before you're sucking in water.

The snorkel might be good insurance in avoiding water intake, but that's not the only problem you face fording water in these.
And starters - My starter died very shortly after that aventure.

BTW - an electric cooling fan with a manual shut off switch would save the cooling fan but there is not plug and play aftermarket that I know of.

these look so good. Any chance there will be a pre order sale?
Sorry for the delayed response.

Thought it would be really fun that our entire family got the flu!

But hey, were back!

Happy to extend a $50 per snorkel discount to all IH8Mud users. In stock we currently have 3rd gen Tacoma (Black and stainless), 1 FJ cruiser (Stainless) snorkel.

Pssst... there were a handful of questions about your snorkel while you were out - why SS, pre-filters, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom