SQOD Squad - Stupid Question Of the Day (24 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Need to pull apart the rear passenger outside door handles. I pulled off the door panel today and released both T-30 screws and had no luck. The rear doors don’t have the black plug that allows you to pull off the rear part of the handle and disassemble. Anyone?

SQOD--

On my 2016 LC I would love to be able to mount my spare on the rear of the vehicle without having to add a metal bumper. Do I have any options at all or do I have to add the heavy arb style bumpers ?

I know when I visited the middle east a few years back I saw spares on a 200 series mounted on the rear without an arb style metal bumper.

I know there is a hitch mounting tire setup but the huge gap would drive me crazy.

Thanks for the guidance !

SQOD--

On my 2016 LC I would love to be able to mount my spare on the rear of the vehicle without having to add a metal bumper. Do I have any options at all or do I have to add the heavy arb style bumpers ?

I know when I visited the middle east a few years back I saw spares on a 200 series mounted on the rear without an arb style metal bumper.

I know there is a hitch mounting tire setup but the huge gap would drive me crazy.

The hitch-mounted option from Wilco is actually pretty nice and there's not a ton of space between the vehicle and the tire. I ran one for a while. In any case, technically, it'd be possible to cut a hole in the plastic bumper and weld something into the rear cross member that could handle a bumper. It'd be a neat custom project. Do some searching in the 100 series forum... I feel like I've seen this somewhere.

The hitch-mounted option from Wilco is actually pretty nice and there's not a ton of space between the vehicle and the tire. I ran one for a while. In any case, technically, it'd be possible to cut a hole in the plastic bumper and weld something into the rear cross member that could handle a bumper. It'd be a neat custom project. Do some searching in the 100 series forum... I feel like I've seen this somewhere.

Will do thank you. Did you have any pics of your LC with it on ?

I came across these:

They are custom-ish. Much less space between hatch and spare.

I came across these:

They are custom-ish. Much less space between hatch and spare.

That is exactly what I want. Thank you ! Now continuing to read indycole's beautiful build thread!

I love this forum.

SQOD--

Get a Kaymar tire swing. It mounts to the frame (super robust) through a reflector hole and doesn’t loose departure angle like a hitch mounted tire carrier does.
6D23A6FA-5CAA-49F1-98A9-D634423F7EB6.gif

But can I ask... why don’t you want the tire to stay under the truck?

Last edited:
Get a Kaymar tire swing. It mounts to the frame (super robust) through a reflector hole and doesn’t loose departure angle like a hitch mounted tire carrier does.
View attachment 2012470

But can I ask... why don’t you want the tire to stay under the truck?

Hello, I believe the Kaymar is for 2015 and prior, mine is a 2016.

Two reasons why I don't want the tire to stay under the truck.

1. I've had this vehicle since April and I've already had two flat tires, and pulling the tire out from underneath just sucks for me. Also on the flats, I've been driving since I was 16 (I'm 33 now) and never had a flat in any other personal car lol... maybe bad luck with the LC.

2. It just looks badass having a tire mounted on the back of SUV. Especially once I start to get larger tires/lift. Need to look cool when I go to Wal-Mart and club meets :)

Hello, I believe the Kaymar is for 2015 and prior, mine is a 2016.
They work for all 200s. The cut lines are different that’s all. I’ve installed those swing arms on a 2016, they fit beautifully.

Very helpful info guys.

Just saw that Cruiser Brothers are locally in my state ! Was thinking I'd have to drive to Colorado or Utah for some work to get done.

Last edited:
Yes. @Taco2Cruiser , do you carry / supply these? Price range? Thanks in advance!
Talk to Georg at Valley Hybrids, or Ward at Cruiser Brothers. They are now importing Kaymar. I know BudBuilt has installed some recently as well but can’t remember if they get them directly or through Ward/Georg. Paging @Taco2Cruiser ...

Ward Harris
ward@longrangeamerica.com
209-636-0831
So as of a coupe weeks ago BudBuilt is now a Kaymar and LRA aux tank dealer and I’m the installer, so... yes. However, we are positioned to serve more the eastern seaboard with us being located in western North Carolina.

But Ward being close to you, just go with him and I’m just glad I mentioned it. I’ve always been a Kaymar fan, and having worked on the them with a 200, I just don’t find a better bar for overlanding. They are light weight, pretty good increase of bottom out and side impact protection, and super modular.

So as of a coupe weeks ago BudBuilt is now a Kaymar and LRA aux tank dealer and I’m the installer, so... yes. However, we are positioned to serve more the eastern seaboard with us being located in western North Carolina.

But Ward being close to you, just go with him and I’m just glad I mentioned it. I’ve always been a Kaymar fan, and having worked on the them with a 200, I just don’t find a better bar for overlanding. They are light weight, pretty good increase of bottom out and side impact protection, and super modular.
Thanks for the info / input!

Opened the sunroof today, and now it's not closing. I'm heading into work so don't know how to play with it to fix it. But the deflector that comes up when you open the sunroof isn't closing properly. Would some WD40 make it work again? Here is what the problem is..

20190628_134719.jpg

20190628_134747.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom