Builds Spy Photos - Spaceghost (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OK, in regards to the previous post....can that thing really be called a cruiser? Of course it is "representative" of a 40 but how much (if any) of that killer buggy is made up of cruiser or even toyota parts? Give me a percentage SpaceGhost...by the way, I dig your cruiser regardless of how much "royal blood" has been lost :D

I'm guessing you can name the number of toyota parts on the drive train on one hand or less.

You got me there! Frame, 79 2F motor with TBI, hehehehe, the 81 LC Split tcase, the firewall, and the hood. I stayed true as long as anybody could competing.

Here's what she looks like tonight, all naked and ready for a bath and some make up!
sg82.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
#2..
sg83.jpg

#3..
sg84.jpg

Damn I got a s***load of work to do before next Wednesday. The painters have the skins, and AJ has vowed not to let me see the finished "bling ass" paint till he attaches the panels and rolls it out in the daylight. Stay tuned......................
sg85.jpg

Mike, I can't wait.....got a little work done on mine last night, actually "suspending itself" entirely now.

gotta like the <bling bling> 6016 aluminum t-case plate adapter....hehehe

White boards in the shop. Great idea. I've got a list on the window of each project with all the crap yet to be done. Works in my situation, but if it was my own personal garage, the white boards would be a good idea.

I like the super secret engine cover too. :D

Thats enough to make it better than any heap on the trail. Good luck, looking forward to the finished bling. :D

Last pics before the chassis is painted today. Cut the firewall back and made the footwells out of expanded metal. Firewall will bolt in, whats left of it.
sg89.jpg

Winch mount welded in. The mounting holes will be sleeved thru the tubing once the 'NEW" T-MAX http://www.t-maxwinches.com/winches/winches1.html arrives. Yes thats a lot of frame hanging out front. Rules require it to extend past the front edge of the tire.
sg90.jpg

Expanded steel basket across the inside of the ass end. Gonna hold those "cold refreshments" and recovery tools. The fuel cell mount is just in front of it.
sg91.jpg

Another shot of the floor and firewall support. New aluminum tranny cover will be fabbed later.
sg92.jpg

Looks great man! Hell, Tanny, engine and hood make it more Cruiser than mine I think ???

Anyway, I love it!

2 Questions,

1) what happened to the *BLING* bezel you guys guy out of metal, all the shots I see of it now have a flat plate up there.

2) How hot is it not having a floor in that thing? I cannot imagine! I guess when you make the full dive next year to V8/Auto you will get the FULL heat treatment ;)

[quote author=wngrog link=board=12;threadid=10545;start=msg112187#msg112187 date=1077978807]
Looks great man! Hell, Tanny, engine and hood make it more Cruiser than mine I think ???

Anyway, I love it!

2 Questions,

1) what happened to the *BLING* bezel you guys guy out of metal, all the shots I see of it now have a flat plate up there.

2) How hot is it not having a floor in that thing? I cannot imagine! I guess when you make the full dive next year to V8/Auto you will get the FULL heat treatment ;)
[/quote]

We made a bib out of 1/8th aluminum and it's out with the panels being painted. Airbrushed grille (right side up). It's been trimmed to fit the tires at full stuff/lock. No electric lights at all are planned as of now.

The floor open may actually be cooler. If I was moving faster it might heat up, the exhause was run right under my seat before. regardless I never had a heat issue that I noticed. The floor rules for next year require closed panels, so this would have to be changed if I run this rig again.

Thanks for all the comments, it means a lot to have my "extended family" supportive!

The primer is down, gonna let itcure overnight and shoot the black on Sunday.
sg96.jpg

Some bling, cause I can! All 7075 aluminum links, 2" and 1.5" uppers. The chassis paint is going on now, tubing is a bitch to paint even with a decent gun.
sg97.jpg

damn....I shoulda painted my links in alum-colored paint! SUHWEET stuff there!

Last edited:
Chassis is painted, whooo hooooo, assembly begins now!
sg99.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom