Builds Spy Photos - Spaceghost (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Back home.
sg40.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
#2...
sg41.jpg

#3...
sg42.jpg

#4...
sg43.jpg

#5 a little shaky onthe camera....
sg44.jpg

#6...

DAMN!!! Lookin great SG....so, when is the inaugural ride?!?

(short for, how fast do I gotta get my POS done to run with ya?!?)

Is the Marlin front dissconnect tcase in?
Pics?

[quote author=woody link=board=12;threadid=10545;start=msg104010#msg104010 date=1076624810]
DAMN!!! Lookin great SG....so, when is the inaugural ride?!?

(short for, how fast do I gotta get my POS done to run with ya?!?)
[/quote]

Next up is the Spring SEMA show here in INdy in 2 weeks, then I'll wheel it. So mid March I'd guess.

No drivertrain mods yet. The Marlin disconnect is still a ways off. I have ordered an Inchworm mini reduction box - D300 adapter. Should ship end of this week. It will be used in the intrim till Marlin is ready.

Now that it is safely tucked in my garage some minor fitting will be done and then it will be taken apart for paint. I have decided to go with black on the tube and chassis. The aluminum colored paint doesn't hold up well enough for all the work it takes. Still lots of detail stuff to do, brake plumbing, body panels, gauges, electrics and monting misc. stuff. Kirkey aluminum seats are on the way, as well as shafts from the king himself, Jesse! And yes I am going to run the offset tcase into the centered diff, so don't ask or tell me it won't work, it's short term.

I'll be sure and take lots of pics thruought the process. Only wishing my garage was bigger so I don't have to trip over stuff I take off!

Thats awesome. I only have one gripe. Id rather you have a more stock looking bezel but thats up to you.

Great work

i am no metallurgist, but i was under the impression that aluminum reaches its fatigue life much sooner than steel and the effect of repeated deformation on the aluminum will cause it to eventually fail. i know that it seems absurd on something this overbuilt but it is possible. the loads you will be subjecting the links to will be large enough to potentially make the materials approach there fatigue tolerance sooner. I think.
Please don't take this as me trying to "know more than you" on thjis topic becuase i have no experiance with the 4 link setup. I was just curious if this was taken into account?

[quote author=SpaceGhost link=board=12;threadid=10545;start=msg104075#msg104075 date=1076631188]
No drivertrain mods yet. The Marlin disconnect is still a ways off. I have ordered an Inchworm mini reduction box - D300 adapter. Should ship end of this week. It will be used in the intrim till Marlin is ready. ... And yes I am going to run the offset tcase into the centered diff, so don't ask or tell me it won't work, it's short term. [/quote]

sounds like no prob for short term...the D300 is centered rear as is the Marlin-disco option....both those future installs will solve any potential problems the offset causes...and I doubt you see any.

Considering Troy at the Badlands runs alum link rods in most of his comp rigs now, he seems to have the field testing down pat. No worries. The deflection of alum is much lower than steel/DOM, so the fatigue issue is minimized.

The heims are gonna break before the links will.

goodness spaceghost.

that thing looks straight up ill.

i have some pics of your stuff from a few years ago (i got em off your website) and that is really a radical transformation. i love it.

keep it up man,

malphrus

oh, and i feel cooler knowing that parts of my cruiser (i.e. the inside of the glovebox and dash) are sort of the same color as yours.

that way i can say mine "looks like spaceghost's". ha ha.

malphrus

A few of the progress today, one side is fit for the .040 aluminum skins, other side is laid out with cardboard templates. Final cleanup on the panels is tomorrow.
sg57.jpg

#2...
sg58.jpg

#3...
sg59.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom