Spotted... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So here I am 3 hours from home and low and behold look who I spot...

image.jpg

I'm not sure, but that looks EXACTLY like my rig. Hell, it even looks like the Price Chopper parking lot I was in this weekend to buy my Independence Day burger supplies!
@Vulin, you should have stuck around for a minute to chat. We were camping 3 miles up the road!

I have friends that live in Brackney, we were stopping to get some lettuce. It was a quick trip, I waited for a minute or 2 but had to run. Thought it was funny to run into someone in such a remote area:)

Nice. Bummer we didn't have a chance to chat. We have a cabin right up the road, outside of Montrose. Let me know the next time you are heading through and we can meet up for a beer or a short wheeling trip up there.

Don't have a pic but I was working around Gifford Pinchot State Park yesterday and saw a very nice old 40 that was a dark red, or cherry, or burgundy color with a white top. Anyone here? If I had one of those cards, I would have stopped and stuck one on his windshield.
It was sitting along 74 at a little garage before lewisberry.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448394393.803043.jpg

Was working in Jersey Shore today and bumped into this fine machine. 1977 FJ. Of course I stalked the guy and interrupted him from his lunch to talk Toyota! Turns out he's from the Elizabethville area and is the second owner. Bought it back in the early 80s and its all stock other than adding a leaf in the rear. Odometer is just over 100K. He had contemplated selling it a few times but days like today have made him want to hold on to it. Said I was the 4th person to stop and talk to him since leaving Elizabethville. I gave him a card and told him to look us up. And if he was ever in need of parts that there were folks here that could help him out.

Drooooool...

Anyone know who owns this BJ41 (at least, I think that's what it is) ?

Right hand drive diesel, very clean, three minutes from my shop in Phoenixville.

I've never seen it on the road, or not parked...

LC 1.JPG

LC 2.JPG

I've been keeping an eye on this '85 long bed (with dual tanks!), since early spring. It's just sitting in the parking of lot nearby business.

I've left messages for the owner, but apparently it's "not for sale". It's actually pretty clean. I have a soft spot for these things...

Toy 1.JPG
Toy 3.JPG
Toy 4.JPG
Toy 2.JPG

2/3/16 11:55 AM Chestnut Hill. White 80 series/ LX with gold trim (LX?) and an ARB. I waved but in a Prius was probably not noticed.

Someone should sticky this (Maybe expand the title too) so people know to look here. This could be a really interesting thread if people happened upon it every visit, especially new folks. There's a very popular spotted thread for XJs over on the regional board at NAXJA.org and we all know Jeeps are way less interesting than Cruisers...

Wife saw this 40 yesterday in downtown Malvern. She was a little slow with the trigger finger. She said it was beautiful. Guessing a later model from the tire carrier. Anyone we know? I've never seen this rig before.

image.jpg

IMG_2848.JPG
This showed up a few miles down the road from me today. Didn't have time to stop and talk to the guy to find out the story on it. But it looks like someone is looking for a project.

Just found out that 40 is for sale. Know no more than that right now. Waiting on a phone call for details. Any idea on a rough value? I'm going to go and inspect it this afternoon.

Just found out that 40 is for sale. Know no more than that right now. Waiting on a phone call for details. Any idea on a rough value? I'm going to go and inspect it this afternoon.

$400???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom