Spindle Bearing Grease (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Getting ready to adjust my front wheel bearings and shoot some grease in the spindle bearings while I’m in there. It’s been discussed on here in the past, but Mobil 1 synthetic grease, even though it’s NLGI 2, OK for spindle bearings? No one in my locale has NLGI 1 rated grease.

I've been using Mobilith SHC 221 for years - NLGI1 synthetic grease from Mobil, exactly what the book calls for the spindle needle bearings.

For other applications you may look into XHP Series: XHP 222 and XHP 222 Special (with Molybdenum salt).
Also, Chevron Delo ES is a fantastic general purpose grease.

LE products (Lubrication Engineers) are simply amazing, but last time I checked they lacked the NLGI 1 syn grease suitable for the spindle job.

Chevron is dirt cheap if you buy a box from a local distributor. McMaster-Carr is a dependable source for a genuine product. As is Grainger. Even your local Autozone or equivalent can order those. I am leery of amazons and ebays as they are full of counterfeit everything.

I haven't gotten NLGI1 from them, but I do order other specialty lubricants (like Mobil SHC for industrial gearboxes) from Grainger and I always have it the next day.

I'm not a fan of Amazon for multiple reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom