Southern Swine Soirée - SSS 2018 Nov 9-11 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Clutch and going over the brakes on all 4 corners for me over the next few weeks. Looking forward to it.

Itinerary is still to ride on saturday, otherwise just chill and kick pig hooves? We have been discussing our departure plans for Friday. For us, in a normal vehicle it shows to be about a 4 hour trip, so I am figuring on 5+ in the pig and I may have Erin follow in the GX as a chase just in case. Anyway, that puts us there late afternoon on Friday. If nothing is planned for Friday evening, might even split the drive and "camp" at the holiday inn on Friday night. What time you thinking of getting things going Saturday morning?

I can’t tell you how many times I have read this thread and contiplated coming.

I just looked at my schedule and the weekend of the 9-11th is the only weekend that I have clear right now.

I may just have to give in and take the plunge!

I just looked at my schedule and the weekend of the 9-11th is the only weekend that I have clear right now.

Do it! Alabama welcomes you!

Yeah. Take it easy. Come whenever. I’d say a 10 am Saturday departure for the Pig Only run seems fine.

Early movers can go explore and meet us back for the ride.

The campsite is public. First come, first serve and has 24 spots.

There is an overflow marked “primitive” camp off the main road about 3 miles north as well.

It’s not gun season in Alabama so we should not have a bunch of guys making free Deer camp in the campground that weekend.

Bring a pig and some pork to cook.

That is pretty much the itenerary.

You could drag a couple of parts pigs and we
Could pick them over in the campsite like vultures.

View attachment 1753654

Why?

Fueled out of sheer jealously of the 2017 and 2018 Pig Parties.

When?

Mark your calendars for November 9-11 2018

Where?

Talladega National Forest Pine Glenn Campground

Talladega National Forest Campgrounds

View attachment 1731155
What?

Gathering of swine. Camping. Eating. Exploring.

Who?

Pig owners and people that want a pig which pretty much covers everyone.

Details to follow. Mark your calendars.

Location information from the first post

Keep in mind. This is a public campground AND there is no cell service in there.

Read the first few posts about leaving trailers and driving Pig or other Cruiser into camp. It is a gravel road but it’s pretty steep and the camp is fairly small.

I’m hoping to get there early afternoon on Friday.

The shirts are in!

4A4362BB-4D5F-4049-9684-29D9E1193805.jpeg

@dogfishlake what say yee Patrick? Have you got time to venture south in the pig?

@dogfishlake what say yee Patrick? Have you got time to venture south in the pig?

Well, not sure. I have been avoiding posting because I don't see any reasonable way I can do it. That said, having a pig is sort of unreasonable right?

It's about a 13 hour drive each way so maybe 350-400 in fuel - not the end of the world. If I brought the 55 in my enclosed trailer I could camp in my trailer. My 55 is BARELY road worthy but I could bring a tow strap.

Trying to talk myself into it. I really want to. My calendar looks decent too.

Shouldn't. But. ... we'll see. Sorry I didn't buy a t-shirt but my own fault there.

Well, not sure. I have been avoiding posting because I don't see any reasonable way I can do it. That said, having a pig is sort of unreasonable right?

It's about a 13 hour drive each way so maybe 350-400 in fuel - not the end of the world. If I brought the 55 in my enclosed trailer I could camp in my trailer. My 55 is BARELY road worthy but I could bring a tow strap.

Trying to talk myself into it. I really want to. My calendar looks decent too.

Shouldn't. But. ... we'll see. Sorry I didn't buy a t-shirt but my own fault there.

C'mon down to our neck of the woods Patrick, ya' might not be so eager to run back to Michigan ! :hmm:

C'mon down to our neck of the woods Patrick, ya' might not be so eager to run back to Michigan ! :hmm:

Don't have to convince me that Alabama is great. Been a while, but she is a gem.

Making progress already. Enclosed trailer might not work out, so if not, I will work on plan B for camping.

Unless it is too late to register and I won't be allowed.:)

No registration required. Just an "informal" gathering.

Well,

I committed to help move my mother to her new place, supposedly after the 9th, 10th. Just got the "great news" that it is now happening on.....of course the 9th/10th.
That makes me officially out.
Bummer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom