Sources for AHC Accumulator Globes (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got shipping confirmation today. Total shipping was $110.76, $542.80 for the globes for a total of 653.56. No eta yet, just a FedEx tracking number.

I would recommend you wait until you get a final shipping number. When I got the email saying the parts arrived at the warehouse I logged in and paid for shipping immediately. Then the next day got an email that the shipping weight had increased so there was now an unpaid balance ($2.77) on my account, which required I log back in and pay a bit more. Not sure if that added a delay or not, just an FYI.
I'm out of town, so won't see the globes till next week, but just got FedEx confirmation they were delivered today. Insanely fast IMHO, and super cheap too.

I just ordered 2 rear accumulators from Impex Japan. I'm curious how I can order them for $107 each from Impex, while McGeorge (assuming they're both new genuine Toyota parts) has them listed at $773 each. I'm taking a chance, but are there enough people here using these accumulators from Impex who can vouch they're genuine? Not 10 year old stock, etc?

It's very rare a case of "too good to be true" actually works out in your favor.

I just ordered 2 rear accumulators from Impex Japan. I'm curious how I can order them for $107 each from Impex, while McGeorge (assuming they're both new genuine Toyota parts) has them listed at $773 each. I'm taking a chance, but are there enough people here using these accumulators from Impex who can vouch they're genuine? Not 10 year old stock, etc?

It's very rare a case of "too good to be true" actually works out in your favor.

They are new OEM parts. Their ordering process is convoluted, but well worth the savings. No personal or vested interest, just a satisfied customer.

Last edited:
Definitely new OEM parts. I installed new globes F&R earlier this year. And I have to believe it is fresh stock, everything I’ve ordered, they then order and ship when it arrives.

Screenshot 2022-09-16 060948.jpg

The conversion rate has skyrocketed since spring time. Currently $430usd + shipping for all four globes. (This is a 5-year chart). Think I'm gonna go ahead and order some...

Well damn. With that exchange rate I should toss in a LX600 for $60K.
No kidding. I'm loading up on parts from Japanese warehouses, they keep getting cheaper in USD. Crazy times.

View attachment 3116285

The conversion rate has skyrocketed since spring time. Currently $430usd + shipping for all four globes. (This is a 5-year chart). Think I'm gonna go ahead and order some...
As well as issues with 'globes', there are lots of posts on this Forum which boil down to problems with the other main 'wear items' on AHC systems which are now 15 to 23 years old, namely: Height Control Sensors which are a long way past their best -- also recommended for consideration while exchange rates are favourable:

Toyota/Lexus Height Control Sensors – Part Numbers:
89405-60012 (Front Right)
89406-60022 (Front Left)
89407-60010 (Rear)

Or consider AISIN Sensors -- because AISIN are suppliers to Toyota/Lexus:

Aisin Height Control Sensors – Part Numbers:
HST-020 (Front Right)
HST-021 (Front Left)
HST-026 (Rear)

Suggest avoid the unhappiness which seems to arrive with other short-life substitutes and fakes.

Last edited:
when I look at PartSouq.com vs ImpexJapan = Impex listed price of the AHC Sensors are higher @ Impex
the globes ARE way cheaper @ Impex = $107 each vs $356 for PartSouq
(wishful thinking on my part that everything seen on PartSouq = 1/3 cost if bought via Impex)

Ordered from Impex - here’s my timeline.

•Placed order for 4 accumulators on 10/27
•Paid shipping on 11/1
•Paid additional shipping ($1.45) on 11/5
•FedEx pickup label created 11/6
•FedEx picked up package 11/8 10:50am
•FedEx delivered package to TX 11/9 10:40am

Replacing mine at 215k due to bouncy front end.

Hope this helps!

Did you order the wrench from Impex?
I ordered one from Amazon.
Just replaced all 4 accumulators.
Penetration liquid on the nut, the wrench, and a wack or two with a mallet breaks them free really easy.

Here’s the wrench:
8MILELAKE 32MM & 36MM Fan Clutch Wrench Compatible for BMW Mercedes-Benz https://a.co/d/9N22T1x

Also, 4 accumulators came out to $431 + $89 shipping.

Updating thread with my IMPEX experience. I ordered new accumulators using two separate orders a few weeks apart. Two rear and two front. Both orders were flawless with exceptionally fast shipping. Highly recommend IMPEX.

I ordered one from Amazon.
Just replaced all 4 accumulators.
Penetration liquid on the nut, the wrench, and a wack or two with a mallet breaks them free really easy.

Here’s the wrench:
8MILELAKE 32MM & 36MM Fan Clutch Wrench Compatible for BMW Mercedes-Benz https://a.co/d/9N22T1x

Also, 4 accumulators came out to $431 + $89 shipping.
guess im late to the party, im pricing them at 278 per corner at impex, or $1100. am i doing something wrong or did the exchange rates just come up so much in the last few weeks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom