Source for Door Lock Cable 2002 100 Series? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,

I was replacing my actuator motors and accidently broke some of the cable off that runs from my door lock to the actuator assembly on my front passenger side door. Unfortunately, this piece is not sold on its own for the 2002 100 series Land Cruiser.
I don't want to have to buy the whole $200-$400 assembly to just get a new cable and I've tried crimping metal stops on to solve the problem - its just not working.
Any idea if I can get a door lock cable from another model/year of Toyota to solve this problem? If you don't know, perhaps you could suggest how would I figure out if that is possible? Thanks guys!

PS I don't have time to visit a junkyard and get the piece myself.

I'd measure the length and stop through a Toyota dealer to ask. If they can't get a LC cable, then I'd try a sequoia or whatever they have in stock.

Called around and cruiserparts had ONE in stock used. $100... serious rip off but then again buying the whole piece would have been at least twice as much, so whatever!

That's awesome to call a vendor a "ripoff". Maybe you should not have broken it to begin with. Or maybe next time just go to the junk yard yourself so you don't get ripped off again.
Uhhh it was $100 for a used cable, if I had any better option I would have taken it. New cables for other Toyotas are around $4 new. I don't think its unfair to call it a ripoff, but that's my personal opinion.

Has nobody found a way around the issue?

I am in the trenches right now and with as many smart people who have tried to make a fix out of this toyota mishap I might cave and buy the dorman from amazon.

I thought of all sorts of ways to fix my cable. It snapped right at the head of the door latches cast iron 90 elbow

I want to just cut the cable in half and splice (tie and crimp) on a cable from amazon to the existing cable but am afraid this just won’t work. It’s likely too sensitive to the pull length.

I just posted in another thread - mine broke at the 90 degree "L" too.
I bent a metal staple to hold on to the cable (held by the cable end) and then bent the staple end 90 degrees and added a 'hook' to hold in the door latch hole. I wrapped the staple/cable end with safety wire to hold it together.

I'm going to pick up a small clevis pin and a wire crimp clevis pin will slip into door latch) ready for when my emergency fix breaks.

Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 7.17.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 7.23.17 PM.png

something like this would be perfect

Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 7.17.58 PM.png

Keep me posted! Send pics as you go. I just recieved a $10 Replacement cable from amazon for a sequoia and thought I’d splice it In but have had no time at all to do anything since I’m moving.

Could you provide an update on how this is working for you?

I just posted in another thread - mine broke at the 90 degree "L" too.
I bent a metal staple to hold on to the cable (held by the cable end) and then bent the staple end 90 degrees and added a 'hook' to hold in the door latch hole. I wrapped the staple/cable end with safety wire to hold it together.

I'm going to pick up a small clevis pin and a wire crimp clevis pin will slip into door latch) ready for when my emergency fix breaks.

View attachment 1770796 View attachment 1770794

something like this would be perfect

View attachment 1770795

Hey everyone,

I was replacing my actuator motors and accidently broke some of the cable off that runs from my door lock to the actuator assembly on my front passenger side door. Unfortunately, this piece is not sold on its own for the 2002 100 series Land Cruiser.
I don't want to have to buy the whole $200-$400 assembly to just get a new cable and I've tried crimping metal stops on to solve the problem - its just not working.
Any idea if I can get a door lock cable from another model/year of Toyota to solve this problem? If you don't know, perhaps you could suggest how would I figure out if that is possible? Thanks guys!

PS I don't have time to visit a junkyard and get the piece myself.

I replace many actuators and whole assemblies and even JB welded a cable and modified the fitting in the door lever.

The yard I used in Coronado, Calif was allowed me to send one back and they were the most affordable of 10+ junkyards in Coronado. LMK if you want their info.

Other things may be brittle and break in the actual key cylinder. The yellow bracket around the key hole. Be super careful with that piece. I was able to duct tape it but I baby the key and just twitch it in the door.

I bought the aisin replace from rockauto, even the one I pulled said aisin so I definitely believe it’s oem, and cost $150 which is far less than a dealer or dorman.

I have it all put back together, and it works. But the pull actuation is pretty darn hard. And makes a noise. Are there any adjustments on the mechanism available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom