SOR Upholstery HELP!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm recovering the bottom portion of my 1977 FJ40 front seats using SOR foam and seat covers. I have 2 question(note zip ties are temporarily in place of hog rings):

1. It seems like I need to trim the foam to be able to attach the seat track to the front seat bottom cushion/frame(2 bolts each side of frame)? Have others had to trim the SOR ?

IMG_7737.JPG
IMG_7738.JPG

2. Do these wires get tucked under the vinyl before anchoring with the hog rings?
IMG_7739.JPG

I have the SOR install PDF but am now I'm wondering if the SOR CD would have been worth it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jeff

I did mine about 6 years ago, I don't remember having to cut anything. Just make sure all the wires are in the right location.

Did you use the SOR high density foam?

What do you mean but right location?

Jeff

I used their foam seats. There Weekes different length wires for the seat back and bottom areas, I don't think there were extra long.

Thanks for the response. SOR actually bundled the cushion wires together and labeled them "cushion". That helped me identify the wires. I will double check to be sure I used the correct wires.

Jeff

I used their foam seats. There Weekes different length wires for the seat back and bottom areas, I don't think there were extra long.
Do not trim the foam, it is there to protect the vinyl from the sharpe edge of the sheet metal. I'm guessing that the zip ties are temporary? Yes?

Thanks for the response. SOR actually bundled the cushion wires together and labeled them "cushion". That helped me identify the wires. I will double check to be sure I used the correct wires.

Jeff
The seat bottoms only have two wires one long one that goes in one side across the front and out the other side and one in the back that's the width of the seat

IMG_6935.JPG
IMG_6937.JPG

Here is a picture of the underside rear of the seat. One long wire for the front and sides, looks like the rear wire is tucked under the sides, don't know how much extra of that wire there is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom