Some Pics From Tonight (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the comments Peter.
I am fairly certain i have seen pics of your truck, and well..DAM!
I may go longer leaves but that's as far as i have thought about it.
It will see the road but not the hwy, not much anyways, but i will keep an eye on the temps.

Intercooler installed 27"x7" just waiting for the 2" piping kit to show up.
Plexiglass side windows cut and installed.
483.jpg

484.jpg

486.jpg

are you going to make your own radiator grill? Seems like the intercooler is not going to work with OEM grill?

Factory grill fits with a little trimming, just, i did have to modify the hood latch brace as well, also why the cooler sits where it does.
The piping will go up and over the head light buckets, through the factory holes in either end of the rad support, back inside the fenders then out of the fenders to blower and intake on their respective sides.
That's the plan anyhow.

Factory grill fits with a little trimming, just, i did have to modify the hood latch brace as well, also why the cooler sits where it does.
The piping will go up and over the head light buckets, through the factory holes in either end of the rad support, back inside the fenders then out of the fenders to blower and intake on their respective sides.
That's the plan anyhow.

You have some very nice work there...I have a tan FJ60 but mine is showing its age.

This is the ONLY way I would chop a 60...
Dude.. that thing is sweet....
Love the double windows on the rear and the TOYOTA logo on the back !!!

Great, great work !!!

Pulled the rear diff to finish weld the shock and anti wrap brackets and to get it out of the way while i welded in the new upper shock mount.
Original mount was not going to work for me but i left it in less the shock bolt extensions.
A coat of paint and the diff went back in for the final time, new shocks in.
A little brake work.
489.jpg

490.jpg

491.jpg

Amazing truck mate looks beautiful

Just got done reading through all 27 pages of this build!
As everyone else has already said, the truck looks amazing and I know we cant wait to see that thing on the trail (not as much as you though im sure ;))

Oh, and that tail gate is a class act, love it :clap:

It has been a productive day, after the rear diff i moved on to mounting a WRX scoop to the hood.
I have to make or modify an airbox to hold the filter and seal off the hood.
I will grab a tape measure and go shopping at the wreckers to see what i can rescue.
493.jpg

494.jpg

492.jpg

Didn't get piped in the way i had planed but worked out OK.
A few more hose clamps and she's done.
DSC04519.jpg

DSC04518.jpg

DSC04516.jpg

this thing is so sick i can t wait to see it finished. I wish i had the time to do stuff like this. Really shows what patients can get you. Keep up the good work.

The trucks coming together great. Some really interesting and inspirational ideas you've come up with throughout the build :beer:.

For the air system, not worried about the amount of vibration that will be transfered down those long air pipes? The 3B shakes a lot at low revs.

Wanted to upgrade the front brakes, bought the Front Range bracket that mounts the Taco brakes but went instead with the 231mm Tundra brakes.
Got the rotors for $140.oo and both calipers for $100.oo
Mounting bracket with bolts was $115.00 shipped.
Picked up the bearing hubs for $20.00.
I will be selling my tires and wheels and going with the same size rubber on 17"wheels, but i feel the need for better brakes is worth the headache.
Calipers are landCruiser 4Runner Tundra
Rotors are LandCruiser and Tundra
511.jpg

509.jpg

512.jpg

510.jpg

514.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom