Some assembly required (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You guys weren't kidding about spending other peoples money. $50 for an oil pan gasket. $30 for the front seal. $95 for the rear seal. $80 for a water pump and gasket. $40 on 2 gaskets to cap off the EGR nonsense.

Just saw last night my intake manifold has the infamous crack. The manifold for the "junk" engine looks perfect.
Now add a Remflex gasket set and maybe hardware. That's if its flat....
Still need to send my carb in to Jim C for an overhaul and have the distributor rebuilt and tweaked for the de-smog.

thanks?

I made an order with City Racer for the distributor and carb for desmogging. Add on a few little things and I spent a few more $$.
The front and rear seals (OEM) are in and the oil pan is back on with a new OEM gasket. The trick to remove the rear cap to get the rear seal in worked slick. I had a local radiator repair shop straighten and braze up my oil cooler. Charged me $25

Researching pilot bearings now. OSS had some good intel on 6202ZE's and 5202Z, depending how chewed up your shaft is. Mine looks good so Im going with an 6202ZE. Getting the bearing out tonight so burgers and brats might be on the menu............
Ill check how well it fits before pressing it in.

If you’re going to use the standard size pilot bearing, buy it directly from Toyota. It isn’t a shielded bearing nor a sealed bearing — it’s different and the big bearing manufactures don’t sell it directly to the public. It’s the best choice.

If you’re going to use the standard size pilot bearing, buy it directly from Toyota. It isn’t a shielded bearing nor a sealed bearing — it’s different and the big bearing manufactures don’t sell it directly to the public. It’s the best choice.
Is this the bearing? Maybe a cheap stock photo but it looks sealed.
1709910956796.png

Is this the bearing? Maybe a cheap stock photo but it looks sealed.
View attachment 3576870
Yes that’s the correct bearing. It is shielded and sealed by a plastic cap. The mainstream shielded bearings have metal caps that allow dirt in, and the mainstream sealed bearings have a high friction rubber seal that imparts too much drag on the bearing.
The Toyota bearing is the best of both designs.

Sarah lee wheat bread did the trick. The hardest part was keeping my dog away from the crumbs. Chinese bearing?

-The fly wheel is at machine shop. No, not the one that still has my parts. I wont be using them ever again.
-Tearing off the manifold and installing the heat riser plate from CruiserTeq. Plate and both gaskets are on order.
-Shopping exhaust manifold gaskets. Remflex is $75 after shipping, Rock Auto is $15 for a Fel Pro or shop local for a Fel Pro. I have not priced a Toyota yet.
-The front seal and gasket for the trans should be here today.
-Any recommendations on clutches besides Toyota?

pilot bearing.jpg

If you are going to take your manifolds apart, check out this thread. esp pages 7-9. Lots of good info and things to consider.

For a clutch, the OEM Aisin is Heavy Duty and can last 100k miles or more, depending on your left and right feet. Same as what comes in Toyota box.

Rockauto has the CKT-032 kit, but it comes with a throw out bearing and pilot that are not as robust as the Toyota boxed. Usually you can find just the pressure plate and disc, then get the pilot and throw out from Toyota or MUD vendor.

Been slowly spending money. Changed the fluids in everything and saw a toasted brake line going from the front to the rear passenger tire. According to Toyota this is obsolete. Its rusted out right at the "47323". Did the part numbers change or am I going to be bending and flaring my own?
1712935373980.png

Going through sandwich bags for clutch hardware. found the fork and one hub clip. Also found the hanger and spring.
I cannot find the "release fork ball" or the boot.
Trying to track down the correct hardware for attaching the fenders/inner wheel wells. I've checked a few websites but unable to find anything. I did find a kit for the rubber grommets and spacers for the core support.

Does anyone have a link to fastening the fenders with the correct hardware?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom