(SOLVED) RTH: No Start After CV Axle Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
Just replaced most of the drivers side drivetrain and now it won’t start, all parts that were replaced are detailed here: Wheel Bearing Service W/Pics

While I’ve been working on it over the past few weeks it has been plugged into a battery tender. Battery levels are great. I go to start it up to pull it out of the garage and nothing. Is this signs of a starter issue? Up until this point it has been starting very easily. All fuses are good. Here’s a video of some strange buzzing noises coming from the throttle body area.

Here’s a plug that’s disconnected near the fuel filter and oil dipstick. I have a feeling it has been like this but I can’t confirm

FB7735A5-5400-45B6-85D8-0AFB0E7E1975.jpeg

I don’t supposed anyone is able to snap a pic of where that you plug terminates? I’m unsure if that is one of the many unused plugs since mine is a ‘00 LC, but the contacts are unusually clean like it’s spend its life plugged in. I can’t find any other connector near it that would fit it.

Also, no codes present on my Scangauge

I don’t supposed anyone is able to snap a pic of where that you plug terminates? I’m unsure if that is one of the many unused plugs since mine is a ‘00 LC, but the contacts are unusually clean like it’s spend its life plugged in. I can’t find any other connector near it that would fit it.

Also, no codes present on my Scangauge

Yes, I'll get you a pic, but it goes where the cluster of the connectors are at your Evap Canister

Plug.jpg

@Grego @flintknapper yall are awesome thanks so much! I guess that plug was hidden by the two on top when I looked. I’m not sure if that would be the cause of my issue but I figured it would be worth a shot.

Can you try and jump it? I know you said the battery looks good, but when my battery was low, it was making those noises.
Hey I’m all for the simple solutions, I like it! I had to take a break from it tonight because I got so frustrated. Just spent a couple weeks completely redoing the drivers front drivetrain just for the truck to not start when I finally get everything back together:bang: I am going to push it out of the garage tomorrow and try to jump it with the 4Runner.

Let us know if just plugging it in makes it work again!

Let us know if just plugging it in makes it work again!
Will do! Plan on tackling it after work today. Tried to this morning but didn't have enough time. Hoping and praying that's all it is. The Razorback/Nebraska regional final first pitch is at 6pm so I'm having to work around that hah!

I will say everything else works fine. ScanGauge comes on, radio, A/C, lights, brake booster, etc... Just no clicking of the starter or turning of the motor. Checked all fuses and they look great. Thought it may have been the starter relay so I opened that up but it looks brand new inside with no corrosion. Cleaned battery terminals and grounds.

SOLVED. Thanks for the help everyone! Good news & bad news.

Good news: Went home on lunch and decided to try and start it as it sat (without jumping it just yet). Had the same symptoms. Plugged in that sensor that was unplugged and it fired right up! Either that is a really odd coincidence or there is a connection between that plug and your ability to start you truck.

Bad news: I STILL HAVE A CLICKING/CLUNKING NOISE. It will be detailed in the thread I linked above since this issue has now been resolved.

Finished.jpg

Plugged in that sensor that was unplugged and it fired right up! Either that is a really odd coincidence or there is a connection between that plug and your ability to start you truck.
Hmmmmmm.....

Going to try unplugging mine and see. That would be a dandy anti-theft feature for when your vehicle is parked someplace.

Hmmmmmm.....

Going to try unplugging mine and see. That would be a dandy anti-theft feature for when your vehicle is parked someplace.
Yeah let us know what you find out. It would be a nice "feature" to have.

Did you ever get around to trying this? I have it on my list but other things have been taking priority.

I confirmed in another thread that it will indeed disable your truck (at least it did for my 2000 LC). Give it a shot, only takes a couple seconds!

I thought it was pretty crazy too, I have no idea why that would interfere with your ability to start the engine but it most certainly does for me after experimenting with it several times. To clarify it will not even let the engine crank. It seems to completely disable the starter all together. Turn the key and it’s pure silence.

If you are chasing a driveline clunk, check your front diff bushings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom