SAS Solid Axle Summit "SAS" 2017 (1 Viewer)

Dates for SAS

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like the beer swap idea, would be really cool to have stuff from all over the U.S.! The neighborhood I just started working in in San Francisco has four or five breweries within walking distance of the building we're in, so I could definitely bring something special if I end up being able to make it out.
Machinist, we should get together some time. I'm over the hill in Dublin.

So @JohnnyOshow22 has been leaning pretty hard on me about this...sounding more and more like a definite possibility. No conflicts with either of the proposed dates, incredibly good idea, incredibly good people...

I use to live right over the other hill in Clayton. Either date works for me.

I use to live right over the other hill in Clayton. Either date works for me.
Jeff you were in on this idea, of course your going. And Matt better bring his 62!

Machinist, we should get together some time. I'm over the hill in Dublin.
Yeah we definitely should. Work has been pretty hectic since TurfNSurf with a lot of 6 day weeks and overtime, but now that we've finished renovating the shop things should be getting back to normal soon.

Now I just need to give Georg a call and get my 60 through smog so I can start prepping it for this event!

Last edited:
@reevesci Jason - you interested?

I doubt I'll have a qualifying rig that is trail worthy by then. My "Sampson 160 Canopy" (100/60 conversion with 80 front SAS w/ 3 flip canopy box) is in process now, but is a slow developer as I have time.

Maybe I could meet up with Onur or ?? and tag along and bring goodies, but that's about it for me.

Jason

Alright so the date is now going to be set for August 10-14. If you want to stay at a cheap place, right in Ouray I suggest getting your reservations in order through 4Js campsite. @CenTXFJ60 @fl4031003 and myself have a spot on the cliff side which is the "primitive" section but you can use the showers, water, etc.

Alright so the date is now going to be set for August 10-14. If you want to stay at a cheap place, right in Ouray I suggest getting your reservations in order through 4Js campsite. @CenTXFJ60 @fl4031003 and myself have a spot on the cliff side which is the "primitive" section but you can use the showers, water, etc.

Very good sir. Hope to see you guys there.

Time to start saving gas money...

Was talking with @mcguirejohnson about bringing this into reality. The plan is to have a loosly organized offroad/ camp type event. Guys that have anything solid axle be it full on rock buggy to bone stock early iron are welcome to join in. Be aware that most trailheads are off of hwy550 so your vehicle will need to be legal for that. At this point the 4J Campground will be our impromptu meeting place. There are plenty of places to stay in Ouray and some good food also. That being said, the whole idea is to have like minded Toyota people gather in an amazing setting to hang out and wheel some of the most scenic trails in the country.
We will make an official thread on this soon so stand by. If you are interested in this event please feel free to PM McGuire or myself.

Reservations complete. Looking forward to this inaugural event!

Can't wait any interest in running Montrose trails for guys that want a challenge? I'm still in junction and cruise down there couple times month let me know if I can help

okay, so what town is it starting in?

upload_2017-1-17_10-1-2.png

do we hit a hotel first, or are we all meeting up at some remote campsite?

I say "we" as if I'm going, because it's not for sure, but if I speak this way, usually I tend to be more successful in going.

I use CalStar out here for remote recovery, life saving, medi flight coverage, is there one like that for Colorado that I can subscribe to?

and on a serious note: do I need a bear box for the charcuterie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom