SAS Solid Axle Summit #5 Official Thread (3 Viewers)

Color Choices for SAS #5 Shirt and Trail Flags

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can only think of 1 obstacle where I put my locker on. It was raining and super slick. That being said, If I didnt have a locker, I still would have rallied up this, but maybe not as smoothly. And you certainly can bypass this is you want.

FYI the bypass there is illegal and used to have cable across it, I’m sure the cable has been torn down and not raised back up, last time I was up there it was laying on the ground, you can take the long way around it though still and you come out little bit before the lake

@ChickenDaddy if you decide to rebuild that my buddy has a yard of cruiser I can prob get ya whatever you need for good price

0C754505-5DC9-4683-A066-6C0D0CE71794.jpeg

FYI the bypass there is illegal and used to have cable across it, I’m sure the cable has been torn down and not raised back up, last time I was up there it was laying on the ground, you can take the long way around it though still and you come out little bit before the lake
So to confirm, your saying that the path he took is the bypass and that part of the wall is closed??

Last year the cable was up.

The path he took is the only one i have seen used in recent years. I know that last year there was 15 or more trucks from SAS that all caught up with each other on that spot and used that same line. I saw no cable

Farily sure those folks missed the safety meeting

I circled it. You can see the orange flag on the cable. But either way, they don't want people using that way.

Screenshot_20210709-161356_Gallery.jpg

The spot you have circled doesn't look anything like the line used in the video.

The spot you have circled doesn't look anything like the line used in the video.
It wasn't used in the video. No one should use that spot. But is the only by passing the wall.

No the video is good to the left of the wall is a simple hill climb which is circled in the pic, that used to be a nother way along time ago, no longer in use

Yep that's the only way to get passed the wall. They put the cable up because they wanted to stop people from using it. Sometimes the cable is up. Sometimes some a****** takes it down. Honestly you go up the wall or turn around. Take the right side of the wall if you got open diffs or take the left if you are locked up.

When pull up into the staging area for the wall is on the right and cable is at like your 11.

20210711_123828.jpg

3 weeks from hitting the road seems like a good time to rework the driveline... anyone else going full-stupid?

View attachment 2728083

3 weeks from hitting the road seems like a good time to rework the driveline... anyone else going full-stupid?
Nah full stupid would be hitting the road knowing you got issues that needed to be fixed. Did you figure out a solution to the oil pan problem?

I'm on the downhill of getting my 60 back on the road. Engine fires suck! 🤬
I highly recommend having a fire extinguisher in your rig.

20201011_163017.jpg

20210709_231629.jpg

With the help of some very generous people I am able to get it back up and better than ever. A sincere thank you is in order for this awesome Cruiser community. Looking forward to tipping a few cold ones with my extended family. See tou guys in a few weeks.

She's looking good, Casey. I know the hours that go into fire recovery...I don't wish that on anyone.

Nah full stupid would be hitting the road knowing you got issues that needed to be fixed. Did you figure out a solution to the oil pan problem?

Yeah...lift the engine.

The original location was fine until I cowboy'd the truck a bit. Turns out that hitting an immovable obstacle with a little speed while at full compression caused spring wrap, and that wrap sent the pinion into the pans. 3 link isn't in the budget, so the engine is moving up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom