For Sale SOLD - 1976 Smog Legal FJ40 (So Cal) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

7/28/19 - SOLD

After about a decade of owning and enjoying this rig, it's time to let it go. This is a dune beige 1976 FJ40 that has, to the best of my knowlege, always been a California vehicle.

Recently put a solid 2F in it that I sourced from Georg at Valley Hybrids. Runs well and gets 11-12 mpg consistently. Passed smog in June 2018 and is registered until September 2019.

I installed mini-truck power steering, using the OEM pump. Also added a power steering cooler (a tranny cooler from an FJ80). Turns easily with one hand.

Running near-new BFG AT's on 31x10.5x15's on OEM steelies. Gear reduction starter. Heavy duty 4-row radiator. Carb was rebuilt by Mark A several years ago. Con-ferr grill guard. Winch bumper (of unknown brand).

All original sheet metal and uncut rear fenders. One small area of cancer in the rear sill under the spare tire. Other than that, only surface rust. Passenger side front fender has bondo in it, but that is the only body filler I know of. Never been repainted. Perfect patina (IMHO).

Needs a bunch of little things. I can go through all the systems in detail with interested parties.

The snow plow (Meyer ST-78 with power angle), with associated bracketry and wiring is NOT included in the sale (but could be purchased separately). Will also have a used DiamondRax 1st Generation Rooftop Tent rack that will be sold separately as well.

You can search threads here on MUD that I've started regarding this rig all the way back to when I bought it.

Here's the post on Craigslist:
1976 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40

Thanks very much. Hoping Rollo will go to a good home...hopefully someone on MUD.

Last edited:
Thanks for your interest! I'm going to be camping with the family tomorrow through Wednesday of next week, so won't be able to get additional pics to you until I get back. I would be happy to get those to you as soon as possible, though. Thanks very much! Greg

UPDATE - 6/7/19: Well, Spring has sprung and I successfully plowed one last snowy season here in the mountains. Now the time has come to find a new home for this rig. Price is the same as last time, $12,500. Snowplow and/or DiamondRax roof rack can be purchased separately. Located near Lake Arrowhead in So Cal. Thanks!
Kind of makes me want to abandon my 71 project and pick up yours and leave as is. I am satisfied with the price too. Something I will need to think about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom