Soft top question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I'm getting ready to put the soft top bows on (Troll Hole soft top) and have found threaded holes in the top windshield channel to my surprise (a good thing). Was wondering if anyone knew the correct metric screw size for those holes? I could run to the hardware store and try a number of sizes but wanted to check with the experts here before I did that. Thanks fort any help.

Don't know without checking but should be a common bolt used on the cruiser. Think the bolts used to hold the hard to the tub and those around the apron/bib are the same. Use use a 10MM wrench. Just find one that fits and take that to the hardware store.

Don't know without checking but should be a common bolt used on the cruiser. Think the bolts used to hold the hard to the tub and those around the apron/bib are the same. Use use a 10MM wrench. Just find one that fits and take that to the hardware store.
Thank you...yes, the standard 10mm fits perfect. I used one of the ambulance door screws for fit. Thanks again!

Think they are 6MM but unsure of the thread count. Just know it's a very common bolt used by Toyota. Bolt head is 10MM.

Yes most people get confused when a bolt which uses a 10mm wrench, is a 4mm x 1.0 etc...

Hey guys, I'm getting ready to put the soft top bows on (Troll Hole soft top) and have found threaded holes in the top windshield channel to my surprise (a good thing). Was wondering if anyone knew the correct metric screw size for those holes? I could run to the hardware store and try a number of sizes but wanted to check with the experts here before I did that. Thanks fort any help.

I want to get one of his tops, but I like the sun on me and the windshield down, the OEM makes that impossible. Wish he would make a foldable kind.

Roll the sides and rear flap up and that's what you have

If I could simply remove the sides and back to have a soft roof I'd be happy.

I want to get one of his tops, but I like the sun on me and the windshield down, the OEM makes that impossible. Wish he would make a foldable kind.

Not impossible... the bows over the doors come off with two screws

I take my canvas and roll it to the windshield... I have on occasion dropped the windshield and drove like Destins cruiser pictured (red one) and driven like the blue cruiser pictured ... not all that difficult really

IMG_2094.JPG
IMG_2095.JPG
IMG_2091.JPG
IMG_2092.JPG
IMG_2093.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom