For Sale SoCal Ventura County 1965 FJ45 LWB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi Everyone! I'm selling my project FJ45. I just don't have time for a project anymore.

It has Chevy 327 with H55F Toyota 5 speed transmission with split case.

The frame was sandblasted and coated with POR15. Converted to Chevy power booster/master cylinder and Saginaw power steering.

I have all the body parts including headache rack. The body is in good condition with just some surface rusts. The roof has a dent on it.

The seats are originals and have been reupholstered.

I'm asking $16,000, will come with all some OEM parts such as OEM side view mirrors, emblems and after market wiring kit, distributor and brand new aftermarket aluminum half doors.

Any questions, let me know. Thank you.

SAM_1528.JPG

SAM_1537.JPG

SAM_1803.JPG

SAM_1899.JPG

1 015.JPG

Nice looking project! Do you have all the glass for it? What part of oxnard? I work there.

Nice! I wish I had room for another one...then again, if I showed up with another one I might end up living in it!

Yes it is. Thinned 10% to reduce stickiness. That is a couple days after application. It gradually dulls to a satin in about a week.

I’m glad this is not closer or I might own it.

Last edited:
How does it sit now? Chassis together, engine in, body on frame,etc

As of now, the frame is put together with engine, transmission and transfer case in. The cab and the fenders are on the frame but the bed is off the frame.

By the way, I forgot to mention the front end is completely rebuilt and from later model later model Land Cruiser with disc brakes.

holy cow! original bench is covered in brown now? looks great.

If anyone knows of a shipper that is capable of picking up this rig, all it's parts and shipping to Georgia, please let me know.

Note: I have reached out to @Riverrunner , but the rig would need to be capable of loading with a winch or driving under it's own power.

Last edited:
I live right down the road from seller in case you need a hand. @GA Architect

Can't say I know any shippers though.

This may be the help I need to put this deal together....all that needs to happen is, get the bed on it, get the steering and linkage cobbled together, put all the miscellaneous parts inside the cab & bed, then I can get @Riverrunner to ship it to GA.....

Working on it.....:bounce:

This may be the help I need to put this deal together....all that needs to happen is, get the bed on it, get the steering and linkage cobbled together, put all the miscellaneous parts inside the cab & bed, then I can get @Riverrunner to ship it to GA.....

Working on it.....:bounce:

Easily sorted, let me know.

From past experience, shippers hate non running rigs, so make sure it steers and has an ebrake. And definately convey that it does not move on its own. I had a shipper show up and refuse to load it even though he was told it didn’t run( they are typically lazy and don’t want to go out of there way to load cars. Best bet is a small operation with a trailer and winch. Hard to load non runners on the big car carriers. Good luck, looks like a solid 45 project!

From past experience, shippers hate non running rigs, so make sure it steers and has an ebrake. And definately convey that it does not move on its own. I had a shipper show up and refuse to load it even though he was told it didn’t run( they are typically lazy and don’t want to go out of there way to load cars. Best bet is a small operation with a trailer and winch. Hard to load non runners on the big car carriers. Good luck, looks like a solid 45 project!

Yep, I gleaned that info from talking with Aaron ( @Riverrunner ), hence trying to figure out how to get the minimal parts together so it rolls, steers, and stops. Then pack the rest inside the cab & bed for transport. He said they could wench it on a trailer.

It also helps to not live where @whitey45 lives. 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom