Snorkel on.....but I have a question.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
....very fortunate to have a another fellow Mud member help me with installing my snorkel. Looks fabulous, BUT the short intake tube from the snorkel to the air box is kinked, nothing crazy, but obviously with these beauties restrictions need to be at a minimum.

With that said, is this common? Am I alone on this? Simple trim? Any advise is greatly appreciated.

do you have a pic? IIRC mine was angled but the air flow was not restricted

I trimmed mine but then cut it too short. I need to hop on the ebay and look for a silicon replacement.

Mine had a slight kink but was able to get it on without trimming. Also, I used t-bolt clamps instead of the cheap worm clamps that were supplied with the kit as they have a wider footprint and are easier to torque with a 10mm socket.

Thanks for the responses guys. Pic attached

IMG_7329.JPG

You could try to break out the heat gun and see if that helps to smooth it. There is a chance it could cause it to kink more too. Mine was a little kinked and I heated it up a bit and it straightened right out.

I had to trim mine.

If it were me, I'd call that done. I trimmed mine, and like an earlier poster, trimmed too much. If you decide to heat the tube, I suggest you loosen the clamps first. As the rubber softens, it may just slip into place better.

Might be able to find a spring that could be inserted to force it to full open, like on some radiator hoses?

Hmm I don't remember mine being kinked that much. I will take a look and see. I didn't have to trim mine.

I had to trim mine also. Easiest way to go.

I am going to try to trim it this weekend. Hopefully I will at least reduce or eliminate the kink. Thanks guys.

Mine is exactly the same as yours. Was going to take it off and trim it but I haven't had any issues with it since the install. Probably just going to leave it that way.

I am going to try to trim it this weekend. Hopefully I will at least reduce or eliminate the kink. Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom