Smooth(er) Tread Tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rigger

Ramble Tamble
Staff member
s-Moderator
Threads
Came across this pic of a 40 with smooth tread tires. Like the look.

Anyone else run a smooth on-road type of tire?

Post em up, guys. I know there's some mall crawler 40's lurking out there!

:)

IMG_8671.jpg

Those only good in sand with low pressure as they don't dig in like heavy treaded tires. Ran them on vehicles in the middle east when I was working there. Not good for much else. Rain mud etc forget about it.

Came across this pic of a 40 with smooth tread tires. Like the look.

Anyone else run a smooth on-road type of tire?

Post em up, guys. I know there's some mall crawler 40's lurking out there!

:)

View attachment 1411220

Yeah, those tires are the desert tires used here in the Middle East. You can find them easily here in the UAE. Only good for dry roads and sand.

I am sure @Rigger is already very familiar with the limitations of the tires. Alfred, I think Conferr had a pic of a rig fitted with sand tires in an old catalog. Perhaps @JohnnyC can dig it up.

One of the class 7S desert race trucks Downey sponsored was also sponsored by BFG. That truck got a lot of flats with BFG's off road knobby tires during off road/desert races, so they switched to BFG's more highway friendly tires (more like a mud and snow Chevy Pickup show room floor tire, like mdsim's photos above) and stopped having flats during off road races. BFG made them switch back to the knobby tires since those were the ones they were trying to promote for off road use.

Hahaha!! That thing is outta control!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom