smog removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Check "my desmog thread" it has 700 post, takes 3 to4 hours
to read and will confuse the hell out of you.
but it is all there. good luck.:grinpimp:

RAMZ.

So we all have our own opinions. Here is mine:

Do the desmog. If it is done right, you will have no issues. I am very non-mechanical. I just found a buddy locally to help out. I have had more power, more milage, and less BS to fool with.

Look up: My Desmog Thread ... Its is long, but it has several different versions of the desmog and people on there with experience. Good luck !!

Would like to know same. Can't seem to find any guides/PICS. A lot of talk about doing it, with very little instruction on how to do it.

for the fj62

Spooks write up on his de-smog is good. There are a couple things I disagree with and did differently on my fj62. specifically dealing with the fuel pressure vacuum switching valve. Don't want to hijack this thread with FI stuff, so if you want PM me.

I just bought a 1982 FJ60 with the 2F engine and was wondering if it would do more harm than good to desmog it? it has 152,000 miles on it! but still runs good! Im not looking to get more power or anything like that im just trying to get her running better and more reliable! I already took her in for a full tuneup! it helped a little but not much anything will help!

How'd u do it

for the fj62

Spooks write up on his de-smog is good. There are a couple things I disagree with and did differently on my fj62. specifically dealing with the fuel pressure vacuum switching valve. Don't want to hijack this thread with FI stuff, so if you want PM me.

I have a1989 fj62 and most of the write ups cover the 60.
If you have done the desmog I would love to know specifics of what you did and didn't do from spooks write up.
I'm a non mechanic guy but can follow directions pretty good.
Do you have pics of the parts you removed?
Is there a diagram of where these parts are at?
What was the biggest advantage and disadvantage you noticed after u did your desmog?

I appreciate any help you can give.

This is for a 3FE. I have the EGR block off kit from Route 66 and just got the belt to bypass the smog pump. I'm not ready to pull the intake to remove the air rail and plug the holes but can I go ahead and install the belt to bypass the pump? I have a squealing belt and if I'm going in to adjust I want to get the new belt on. It's not a quick job on a 3FE to replace a belt and don't want to tighten the belts now and then swap in the SP delete belt doing it all over again.

I am not mechanically inclined at all - in the medical profession. Just had a friend look at my cruiser and he said he would remove all the smog stuff on it. I live in rural Georgia with no emissions testing. Will never sell this cruiser. What is entailed and will it change any performance issues?
Don’t mess with the Toyota Gods by modifying what the engineering folks decided

Don’t mess with the Toyota Gods by modifying what the engineering folks decided
Engineers aren't perfect. This is still a very primitive smog control system on what is already a very primitive EFI system. I've never had a single problem as a result of desmogging, and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Engineers aren't perfect. This is still a very primitive smog control system on what is already a very primitive EFI system. I've never had a single problem as a result of desmogging, and would do it again in a heartbeat.

GO Mr. Spook !

I'm adding this post here because it has a LOT of good info for desmog.

Read the whole thread, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom