Smart Key Fob Case GX 460 2020+ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any of the members on here know of or have interest in a rugged key fob case? I’m looking to purchase one but no one seems to have created one.

I reached out YotaMD a while back (APR 2023) and he stated he needed $2500 for the project or 60 paid orders. I would buy 4 myself. 2 for myself and 2 as gifts.

Similar to the links below.
Injection Fob Case Caliraised
YotaMD

I've used these from the time I purchased my GX and have worked great. Haven't had to replace them yet and it's been over 5 years.
Amazon product ASIN B079DQN14XThey won't completely water proof your fob but adds a little water and dust protection.
It does provide a lot of drop protection if you're prone to dropping your keys on hard surfaces or tossing them about.

I've used these from the time I purchased my GX and have worked great. Haven't had to replace them yet and it's been over 5 years.
Amazon product ASIN B079DQN14XThey won't completely water proof your fob but adds a little water and dust protection.
It does provide a lot of drop protection if you're prone to dropping your keys on hard surfaces or tossing them about.
Thanks. But this is the key the 2020+ Lexus have. I wish Lexus provided the waterproof activity key that the new defenders have like below.

1703806038512.jpeg

Defender wrist key locks/unlocks
1703806397061.jpeg

I would but I am 2022, which appears different than later model 460s

Have you found a silicone (rubber) boot for your key fob yet? The boot on mine keeps it dust and water resistant.
Still wouldn't want to drop it in any liquid.

Have you found a silicone (rubber) boot for your key fob yet? The boot on mine keeps it dust and water resistant.
Still wouldn't want to drop it in any liquid.
Yeah thanks for asking. I’ve had a silicone cover for a while. I just prefer a hard/ruggedized case like the ones I referenced above, waterproof would be a great plus for when I go fishing; might have to wait until our GX years have more demand. I did find a hard metal key fob case online, just waiting to receive it in shipping.

What's wrong with the China made OEM Lexus covers? My 2023 came with them, they work ok, my only complaint being that the button holes don't line up perfectly but you really don't need to access the buttons at all. Again, Chinese made, so don't have high expectations.

I've been using a similar version, great fit and they still look new after 3 years of use. Best feature was they came in red and blue so no mixing up with the wife's keys.

Reactions: r2m
What's wrong with the China made OEM Lexus covers? My 2023 came with them, they work ok, my only complaint being that the button holes don't line up perfectly but you really don't need to access the buttons at all. Again, Chinese made, so don't have high expectations.
They are fine… Can’t you tell I’m bougie haha. I like the cool fob cases the GX 470 owners have plus they provide better protection than a silicone cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom