Small Engine Tech and Classifieds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpg
Went muddin

Pretty cool update, guys.

Not sure what you are doing tomorrow morning around 9:00 a.m., but if you are free to listen, tune into MPB radio for Fix-It-101. They have invited me be a guest on the show to talk about small engines and the business I started. I did some work for a friend of a friend that was friends with the show's producer, and he got wind of what I was doing, and called to ask me if I wanted to be on the program. I am very honored to do this, and feel like I am a little out of my league. It pretty nerve-racking, especially being on the air for a full hour; I hope no one calls with any crazy issues! Wish me luck! I may be mistaken, but I believe the channel is 91.3 FM.

Well, how'd it go?

Last edited:
Gonna give the small engine repair a go. My blower has had a carb on the way out for years, and it finally quit working completely. Bought this cute little guy on Amazon, along with new fuel lines, air filter and spark plug.

Wish me luck.

image.jpeg

Just read through this thread after talking with @MScruiser about the business at the last meeting. Cool business, and the best part about it is that the concept is potentially a win-win. Someone with yard equipment problems can: A. Pay you to fix the probem, or B. Just buy a new mower (@wngrog mentality) and give you the old one to fix and sell. Good gig

Gonna give the small engine repair a go. My blower has had a carb on the way out for years, and it finally quit working completely. Bought this cute little guy on Amazon, along with new fuel lines, air filter and spark plug.

Wish me luck.

View attachment 1242010
I replaced a carb last year. Turns out.the damn problem was some ignition module. Gave up and bought new blower. Tired of sinking in $75 new parts on $150 blower.

Backpack blowers are the bomb. Much need upgrade here.

Had to replace the clutch in my tractor. This sucked!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Basically it consists of taking the tractor down to the frame and engine. Then splitting it in two. Getting the two parts to line up involved lots of bad four letter words. After a few hours I got it back together. I still have to adjust the clutch and fill it with fluids. Should be finished this evening.

Looks familiar.

20140424_163148.jpg

The 165 got a full rebuild a couple years ago.

Just read through this thread after talking with @MScruiser about the business at the last meeting. Cool business, and the best part about it is that the concept is potentially a win-win. Someone with yard equipment problems can: A. Pay you to fix the probem, or B. Just buy a new mower (@wngrog mentality) and give you the old one to fix and sell. Good gig

Thanks Austin.

It's been one of the best damn decisions I've ever made. I get to spend the entire day with my family, and every so often go out and piddle in the garage for 30 minutes or so. It doesnt even feel like work, but at the end of the day, I've generally made more money (and cash at that) then I would have made sitting behind my desk, being miserable and wasting away at my old engineering job. Yeah, things got really slow this winter, but the wife has a killer job anyway, so any extra funds I generate is just icing on the family cake. I feel like I've retired already...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Yeah, I quit my engineering job.

You get any of those piles I gave you running?

Engineering degree and your fixing lawnmowers?? That kind of reminds me of the russian neurologist that was driving a cab in Paris. But seriously there is a high demand for guys willing to fix small stuff. Hope it works for you. Are you working out of garage?

New carb, fuel lines, spark plug, and air filter. Runs better than ever! Took maybe 15 minutes tops.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Is that an approved use for your "Toyota" screwdrivers @FJ60Cam :p

Busy day yesterday
image.jpeg

Find it in Fondren magazine featured my business in their summer issue. Did anyone spy a FJ40 fuel tank? Check out my 49 Tire t-shirt too.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom