Slow Build Up of the Woody (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Part 2 of 3 (probably)
Cant remember this trail but it was pretty "fun" for some. Front and rear lockers and 37s make everything a walk in the park now now (gotta just go open/open or just rear from now on to make things more exciting).

Will took the slippery, off camber left line

As did Sam

Aidan (pandathrust), my little brother, did really well too. He's been my passenger enough time to learn what he is and isn't supposed to do and i really didn't feel like i needed to worry about him destroying his truck too much lol.

"Big Bitch" chugging on up

Jordan took the rockier line and didn't pay any mind to dragging and 4 wheel burnouts,

Bumper end caps are for sissies anyway...

Dana had the most fun over here. Definitely different that what he was used to, but I'm sure he'll get there. Just gotta listen to your spotter and realize all that scraping aint gonna hurt anything haha. That took me a LONG time to figure out!

MOAR PRETTY COLORS!

The group (minus Jordan who needed to head back to camp).

We did full day of wheeling, and by 6 o clock i was beat... I worked the night before and hand slept since 11am the previous day... But we did drive up for the day and were gonna get our moneys worth SLEEP BE DAMNED!!!! By the time we arrived back at camp around 9, i had dozed off a few times, almost knocked my passenger side mirror off on a tree (because sleeping...), and nearly drove off the side of the mountain via an off camber rain washout!! (also because sleeping lol)

Sunday morning...
We all looked over our trucks making sure no one had anything that would stop them from making it home.
I believe the worst of it was a leaky seal between the rear third and axle housing on Jordan's cruiser, but that wasn't really an issue. Aidan also decided to break my air compressor as well while airing up... not quite sure what happened, I've probably aired up fewer that 20 tires with that thing... Keep forgetting to call ARB, gotta do that today.

Part 3 of 3 (fo sho)
Will's pictures! All artsy and s***!

looks like you guys had a good time, jealous about the leaf lookin'. So now you're not gonna lower the 60, sounds like you're getting the feel of it which is a good thing.

Yeah it was a really good time. I wish we could've gone up Friday morning to get another day in, but we covered a pretty good ground in the time we had. And i do feel a lot more confident now driving it now. There was one time at night when it got pretty passenger side tippy looking for the more difficult line and i needed Aidan to come back and watch for a second. i think the cliff on the left might've exacerbated that tippy feeling haha, but other than that, it wasn't too bad, never even got that shaky leg feeling.
Im definitely ready to go back, just need to wait a couple weeks so i can spend my money on brakes instead of millions of gallons of gas.. and iphones.

The pictures are amazing! I had a great time up there with all of you guys and i appreciate you guys letting me tag along. We should plan something for the spring, March or April would be best for me.
PS the welding that you guys did no the bumper looks great. Where did you guys learn weld and what welder are you using? I would love to do up a 4x4 labs bumper kit but i dont know much about welding. I have done it a few times but the results were not so great.

The pictures are amazing! I had a great time up there with all of you guys and i appreciate you guys letting me tag along. We should plan something for the spring, March or April would be best for me.
PS the welding that you guys did no the bumper looks great. Where did you guys learn weld and what welder are you using? I would love to do up a 4x4 labs bumper kit but i dont know much about welding. I have done it a few times but the results were not so great.

I'm up for another windrock trip whenever, that park is awesome. We welded a few times at John's house on the weekend and then I started watching a bunch of youtube videos and also read a "how to" welding book. During Patrick's SOA, we decided to buy a miller 211 and gas from @CID 96 who has a welding supply shop in Covington. If you are gonna buy a welder, that is the place to go. The 211 is great for us because it can weld the thin stuff and up to 3/8" with no problem. I'm gonna sell the IPOR rear i have on my 80 now and buy the 4x4 labs hopefully in the next few months, it looks amazing. If you want to use our welder or want some help whenever you decide to get it, just pm me or patrick.

@pandathrust whatcha gonna ask for that IPOR rear? I need a rear bumper, if the price is right, i could be your huckeberry. And why you letting it go? Better clearance?

I'm up for another windrock trip whenever, that park is awesome. We welded a few times at John's house on the weekend and then I started watching a bunch of youtube videos and also read a "how to" welding book. During Patrick's SOA, we decided to buy a miller 211 and gas from @CID 96 who has a welding supply shop in Covington. If you are gonna buy a welder, that is the place to go. The 211 is great for us because it can weld the thin stuff and up to 3/8" with no problem. I'm gonna sell the IPOR rear i have on my 80 now and buy the 4x4 labs hopefully in the next few months, it looks amazing. If you want to use our welder or want some help whenever you decide to get it, just pm me or patrick.

The offer sounds great. I might take you guys up on that. Let me know when you pull of your rear bumper. I might be interested in it also. But i really like that 4x4 labs. If i go that direction maybe we could both order one together and split shipping? I am in no rush, cant afford it right now anyway. I am about to order a set of sliders. But let me know when you start getting ready for it.

Recently, I've decided the FROR brake kit to add some track width. Basically swaps the solid axle hubs for IFS hubs. I can use larger rotors so that'll help a lot!

One main question to anyone who may know, will i need to use IFS locking hubs with this IFS Hubs or will my SA locking hubs still work? The ones in the picture below look to be the longer solid axle variety...

And the main reason I want to do this is so i can finally work towards getting a set of these!!!!!!

THESE WHEELS ARE NOT MINE
Do i need a set of double beadlocks... Hell no. But just look at this setup!

Just imagine it with 37" MTRs...

I got off the phone with Hutchinson the other day and unfortunately they only come with a 4.51" BS, with is the Toyota IFS norm, so IFS hubs are the way to go and i get to get rid of the spacer up front (or i could add a spacer to the rear for some more stable wider stance goodness... Ill probably do that haha).

And because i finally wired up the front LED bar, some pictures!

Its not my favorite location, but i wasn't going to cover up the "TOYOTA", thats for sure.

"Token phantom bar daylight shot"

Low beams

High beams

Light bar

And just in case y'all forgot what it looks like at night... Its dark lol

Its bright

Thanks for looking peeps
:cheers:

bling bling. Wheels are nice but you're gonna hate scrathin 'em the 1st time.

bling bling. Wheels are nice but you're gonna hate scrathin 'em the 1st time.

I can't wait to scratch them! Just need a ton of money first.

And I'll finally be able to get all the new brake things early next week. I would've gone to get them this week, but I'm such a good brother I put Aidan's happiness ahead of my safety and BOUGHT HIM A NEW REAR BUMPER... 4x4 labs. It looks pretty sweet.

Pictures of the bumper build?

Haha he only wishes it was a gift. I'm just the wallet. He's supposed to give me the money he gets for the ipor rear bumper, but Ill believe that when I see it lol.

Haha he only wishes it was a gift. I'm just the wallet. He's supposed to give me the money he gets for the ipor rear bumper, but Ill believe that when I see it lol.

Well I could probably assist with this transaction... :cool:

Well I could probably assist with this transaction... :cool:

Lol yes.whatever you do, don't give anything to Aidan, some may go missing on its way to me :D! JK.
See Ya soon, Matthew!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom