Slow Build Up of the Woody (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After a couple trips to Toyota, Ive got all my brake parts!

It was a awesome little early Christmas present to myself :candycane::candycane:

Some of the fun little miscellaneous parts

Bigass 80 series rear rotors

And those beautiful new rear calipers

And the V6 tacoma rotors. smaller than i was expecting but i guess thats just compared to the rears..

The Tacoma calipers, equally as perty as the 80 rears, but refurbished.. one caliper did have 3/4 new pistons so thats nice haha. Its neat to see what my dirty, old, rusty caliper cores i gave up will be transformed into.

And the cherry on top! Brand spanking new 80 series non-ABS MC! Don't know if it was necessary, but my current MC looks like one from some ebay store in China, that and its rubber cap ripped and it being held together by FIPG :doh:.

Thanks Onur :)

Now i just need that IFS brake kit and my lathed IFS hubs!

Next up! Interior cage, new seats, harnesses, and Dynomat!

All the other brake parts i need should be here by weeks end so this weekend or next ill be able to get all this stuff out of the trunk and onto the axles.

Last edited:
wow, you are really getting serious with your truck. Just curious, do 4runner calipers fit your 62? I assume same as Tacoma. I have a set I am rebuilding and will sell soon.
I really like my Tundra brake upgrade on my 4runner and wish I had done the 221 caliper.

wow, you are really getting serious with your truck. Just curious, do 4runner calipers fit your 62? I assume same as Tacoma. I have a set I am rebuilding and will sell soon.
I really like my Tundra brake upgrade on my 4runner and wish I had done the 221 caliper.
I don't know if 3rd gen calipers fit. The new Tacoma calipers I have don't bolt into the stock location, so I'm not sure if they would fit the fj62 knuckle either. But yea I'm looking forward to the few projects I have lined up.

So do you have to drill new mounting holes or what?

So do you have to drill new mounting holes or what?

no I'm using the FROR tacoma brake kit. theres a photo of it a few posts back that shows what it does i believe.

no I'm using the FROR tacoma brake kit. theres a photo of it a few posts back that shows what it does i believe.

If you are using the FROR kit then in theory I believe you could actually use the 231 Tundra calipers and Tundra rotors. I did some reading and had a thread where I worked thru the theory on building a mini truck axle with these brakes using that same caliper mounting kit.

If you are using the FROR kit then in theory I believe you could actually use the 231 Tundra calipers and Tundra rotors. I did some reading and had a thread where I worked thru the theory on building a mini truck axle with these brakes using that same caliper mounting kit.

yes sir, i don't see any reason you wouldn't be ably to on a 62 if you could on a mini truck.

Got some new JW speaker low beams in the mail today. Ill get to see hoe amazing they are tonight, then ill decide if the high beams are necessary.

Nice lights, them things are spendy I know and I'm sure they're bright as all get out but I've yet to see a light that helps you get up a rock, over a hill or through a mud hole. You need a winch before you need high beams there grasshopper so get off dem Benjamins and get yourself down to 4WPs. :idea:

When a nicely rebuilt 8274 comes up on craigslist ill jump on it. in the mean time i figured i spend some money on something id use every night on the way to work.

spendy yes, but wow these things are awesome. The peripheral lighting is probably my favorite thing about them. I used to be able to see what was going on a little ways ahead of me in the one i was is. Now it lights up the whole damn street! The cutoff is amazing. its not HID crisp, but it is lightyears away from my Hella ECE H4s and especially those HID and LED kits off ebay. Id like to see how the JWs compare to "plug and play" LED bulbs like this (http://www.southeastoverland.com/in...t_id=395&virtuemart_category_id=114&Itemid=33). Those bulbs seem way too gimmicky and with no projector to control all that light I'm sure there is no cutoff so blinding everyone is just the norm.

Anyway, super happy with these. Definitely want the high beams now.. lets see if i want them enough to put up with the flaming ill get for showing up with 4 ugly ass lights instead of one pretty thing to fill the whole in my front bumper!

Ill post some night pictures tonight.

just for the sake of argument and so hopefully we don't witness you go down the road of the... we'll just say the "gotta have every gadget guys :) ... If they're that good wouldn't high beams just negate the (already purchased and mounted) LED lightbar? And if so, how many lightbars will you need to add to overcome the gap? :cool:

haha, all this jus' cause you added a bling bling head light!! :moon:

For example:

aja2vRx.jpg

These high beams are pretty bright, so it'll probably more like this many to even come close lol.

MB4G0VI.jpg

I never really liked the bar up where it is. Id probably take it off and put it on my dads truck.

oh come on now that's just ridiculous.:rimshot: Don't worry though, we all have a mall crawling side to us. Wait till I get a 50" across my windshield.:flipoff2:

Patrick ..... Get with Luis (LC60) in the FLCA forum , he had like 3 or 4 8274's at one time . He's a super nice and know's everything about a Cruiser . If you like I can pm you his # .

oh he knows I'm just busting his balls. I'm sure everyone on Facebook loves em. :rainbow:

Looking good Patrick.

Patrick ..... Get with Luis (LC60) in the FLCA forum , he had like 3 or 4 8274's at one time . He's a super nice and know's everything about a Cruiser . If you like I can pm you his # .

Thanks Rocky, Ill definitely shoot him a pm inquiring about them and my number incase he's still hoarding those things! There's one up in Kentucky right now, but getting one from a mud member would be ideal.

P, I really like the upgrade!

J

Thanks Jason! You should look into these things for Goss. Manuchao has them and seems to like them a lot. And the round ones look a lot better.

oh he knows I'm just busting his balls. I'm sure everyone on Facebook loves em. :rainbow:

Hahaha that reminds me, I haven't gone fishing for likes in a while... But I think ill just wait til the high beams get here next week :moon:

Looking good Patrick.

Thanks Matthew. Appreciate it :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom