Slee vs ARB Front Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trying to decide between a Slee and an ARB Front bumper on my '21 LC. Does anyone have any opinions or experience between the two?

Thanks

If you’re deciding between those two only, Slee all the way. For starters, it’s a local company and why not consider the TJM? The TJM has a better looking fit then the ARB.

Update: just looked at the new bumper for the late model 200…my opinion, it’s hands down better looking then the ARB

I assume you're comparing Sahara ARB (no bars) vs. Slee? Obviously, the Summit ARB will have bars and that's not an option on the Slee. It's personal preference, but I like the Slee better. Plus, US company and great products/support. There's also a similar no bar TJM option here. They also have a bar version (here) which I have and really like.

Slee

I'd take the Slee between the two. Not sure if the TJM is still available but it's a much better looking version of the ARB. Dissent deserves consideration as well and last I checked they had their full replacement model bumpers in stock and ready to ship.

I will play devil’s advocate in favor of ARB. If you want a bumper with (literally) infinitely more crash testing and full protection of the front for animal strikes, you will need to go with ARB.

The slee option is beautiful, and I love that it’s made domestically, but I felt more comfortable with a front bumper from down under

I will play devil’s advocate in favor of ARB. If you want a bumper with (literally) infinitely more crash testing and full protection of the front for animal strikes, you will need to go with ARB.

The slee option is beautiful, and I love that it’s made domestically, but I felt more comfortable with a front bumper from down under
This. More protection for animal strikes too.

Wow, you guys aren't making this any easier. Is there any advantages/disadvantages, as far as installation is concerned? I saw on Slee's video that they make mention of the way theirs attached to the inner fender to help prevent water intrusion. Any pros or cons either way?

You'll get opinions all over the place as this thread shows. Advantages and disadvantages to both. ARB sticks out much farther (Slee slimmer profile), ARB crash tested/airbag approved (Slee not), integrated recovery points with Slee (not with ARB, they retain factory ones), hi-lift jack points on ARB (not on Slee), no camera relocate needed on Slee (suggested on ARB), control box relocation kit option on Slee (none on ARB), etc. Get what you like best.

To throw more mud in the water, have you looked at the Rhino bumpers? That's what I chose as I like the OEM+ appearance, the fact that it's crash tested and has spots for the parking sensors/headlight washers etc.

To throw more mud in the water, have you looked at the Rhino bumpers? That's what I chose as I like the OEM+ appearance, the fact that it's crash tested and has spots for the parking sensors/headlight washers etc.

Great option but a PITA to get, short of the one for sale in the classifieds lol.

Great option but a PITA to get, short of the one for sale in the classifieds lol.
Agreed, seems odd that they don't have a US distributor. I was able to get mine new in box from another mudder that decided to not put it on. There is one more for sale from another mudder I think...

ARB or TJM. I like more the looks of the ARB. I don't trust how the rest of the bumpers attach to the frame, specially if you'll be winching a lot.

I have the ARB Summit on my ‘18 LC and got a chance to get up close and personal with the Slee bumper when I was at their shop a few months ago. I prefer the Slee and its lower profile. I would switch if it wasn’t such a pain in the ass to sell a bumper.

IIRC, the TJM bumpers don’t require any trimming, while the ARB bumpers do. Not sure if the Slee does or doesn’t require trimming. If you want the option to go back to the factory bumper in the future, this may or may not be important.

I thought I read somewhere that all Australian bumpers have to be crash tested to be soled in Australia. If true, the TJM would be crash tested.

What about level of difficulty for the install? From what I have seen posted, the ARB bumpers are a lot of work to install.

I have the ARB.

They both allow for winch, light bar and retain use of factory sensors. So it seems to me to be aesthetic, do you want the classic beefed up look or the low profile look?

I have the ARB Summit on my ‘18 LC and got a chance to get up close and personal with the Slee bumper when I was at their shop a few months ago. I prefer the Slee and its lower profile. I would switch if it wasn’t such a pain in the ass to sell a bumper.

I'm in Utah and have been watching for an ARB to pop up used. If the price made sense compared to new I'd be VERY interested...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom